X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yashiro
    I can see why you own an Xbox.
    I can see you dont know much

What the hell is wrong with violence in games? If you want your games to be colourful and fruity then thats fine, i have no problmes with that, but when its darker, edgier you people start crying like you know whats better.

Comment

So you don't own one then?

In all seriousness what appeal does 'bagging' someone have to you?

Comment

The same appeal as flying in Mario's world, the same as fighting as Dante in Devil May City, the same as taking an elite down in Halo.

Its not only the violance, its how its implemented, if its fun, then what does it matter.

Comment

I don't really see what's fun about suffocating someone with a bag or knifing them in the chest.

This portrayal of realistic violence towards others is nothing like Mario, DMC or Halo.

Comment

lol, fruity? So non-violence is 'fruity?' I like dark, grim games but Manhunt is pathetic. It's pure shock-tactic and has nothing positive in it at all.

Regardless of this pointless violence, where is the fun in a game where you walk around, wait, then press a button. Then you do it all over again? You call that a game? Imagine if Metroid Prime's gameplay was just: walk in shadows, press shoot, view scene where enemy gets shot, walk in shadows looking for next enemy.

Did you know you don't actually kill the victim in Manhunt? You press a button and the view changes to behind a camera then it shows it for you. Yay?

You play that and I'll stick with some games this Christmas.

Comment

I don't really see what's fun about suffocating someone with a bag or knifing them in the chest really.
              I cant say why you should, its your personal taste, and i respect that.

RL: Yeah i got plenty of games this Christmas, believe me when i say plenty, theres just way too much out atm and i doubt i'll pick up Manhunt straight away. But as a game, i dont find anything wrong with it

Comment

Disclaimer. You can call me soft.

I don't find anything fun about killing someone with a plastic bag.

Stealing cars? Yep, that in a game is fun.

Strangling someone to death slowly with a close up? Maybe it's just me, but no.

But hey, if that's where you get your kicks that's your business.

BTW, has anyone here seen the movie Bad Boy Bubby?

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                  This is a game? It sounds like something which would appeal to someone with psychopathic tendencies, I think this game will probably do quite well amongst those disturbed Ps2 owners. RedRumRedRumRedRumRedRum
                  Indeed....

This is the next stage up from all those animals I've killed as practice....

Now I shall move onto computer violence in order to desensatise me to snuffing out human lives....

Then I shall do it in real life and make Buffalo Bill look like a boy scout....

And as sarcasm doesn't travel on the net, I'd just like to point out I was being sarcastic above

Comment

Frankly, there are only two ways this game can go.

Either it will fulfill all their claims, and be horrible, sick and disturbing, which in no way appeals to me at all.

Or it won't match up to them, and it will be just silly. And terrible.

Either way, I'm not touching it with a bargepole.

Comment

I think Nick the Judge is doing stealth marketing for Rockstar. Companies hire people to drum up hype for a crappy product and or movie that way all the time.

Comment

i've been rumbled

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                          sneak up on someone. Press X or circle and watch them die in a completely obscene and sickening way (ie slashing their stomach open, stabbing their eyes out and then beating them to death with a steel bar. Repeat and do it all over again to the next victim.
                          A bit like the Tenchu series then, good solid games they are.
                          I strongly beleive in not criticising something until you've tried it, doing so is not considered elitist, just a bit daft...................

Comment

Just up, IGN's review implies there's a lot of gameplay to this one. Sounds like Thief with a Running Man/Sadism edge. There's a baddy in the trailer that looks just like a Hammer Haunt (granted, skulls aren't exactly unique in videogames, but...) which implies to me that its stealth credentials aren't entirely absent.

Then again, could be a bad review. Will wait and see, but my interest is piqued.

--Sam

Comment

So when is it actually out over here then?

I reckon its quite soon, but can't see it being pushed anywhere, its not even on GAMES release schedule.

I am looking forward to this title, just the type of game for those cold rain swept winter nights I fell...well until I get Siren and Project Zero 2 that is.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsambarlow
                                Just up, IGN's review implies there's a lot of gameplay to this one. Sounds like Thief with a Running Man/Sadism edge. There's a baddy in the trailer that looks just like a Hammer Haunt (granted, skulls aren't exactly unique in videogames, but...) which implies to me that its stealth credentials aren't entirely absent.

Then again, could be a bad review. Will wait and see, but my interest is piqued.

--Sam
                                Have to admit I'm with you on this - was expecting it to be awful, but having read the IGN review, I'm bordering on the 'maybe it'll actually be quite good' crowd. Got to buy it on Friday anyway (hell, we haven't been sent a copy for review, so someone's got to) but if it turns out quite playable, I probably won't take it back or try to claim it on expenses.

Comment

Working...
                                X