The Pinball Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd. Cheers guys, I'll check again.

EDIT: you're right Oz, it's available via paid but not free version.
    Last edited by Golgo; 24-12-2012, 19:51.

Comment

No idea, thought it was available on ios, I think I read somewhere about the free and paid version on ios having a glitch, I think it's available on the paid version only for some reason, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Read this guys, a great peice written by a tpa fan after visiting farsight's HQ.

Comment

For the 7th day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, we're including as detailed a 360 update as we can today:

FarSight has selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! We are in the final stages of finalizing the contract. This process has taken months – as game publishing deals often do. With our previous publisher’s bankruptcy involved, it is extraordinarily complicated in terms of the Pinball Arcade.

We anticipate submitting this new version of the Pinball Arcade in January. FarSight has been assured that all previous purchases can and will be entitled when we re-launch. We will keep you updated as best we can and announce when we have firm release dates. The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available as DLC from day one.

Please be patient with us. This situation has been difficult for FarSight from a business standpoint and we know it has been very frustrating for you. With any luck and with your support, 2013 will be the year of the Pinball Arcade on 360 with 40 tables available by the end of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
            Read this guys, a great peice written by a tpa fan after visiting farsight's HQ.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthr...rSight-Studios
            That's a great insight into the day to day life of a Developer, should be read when you're thinking about moaning over a particular decision or why a Dev is silent on a subject.

Comment

+1 Wools, although they've spread themselves too thin, its a brilliant game,i'm really impressed with the android versions of tom, totan,ripleys, tz and sttng.
              i see some person gave it a 4 in the poll, come on, give your head a shake !! lol

Comment

Latest ps3 news over on farsight's Facebook page. New screenshots of tz and scared stiff etc. It looks incredible. Nice work.

Comment

Attack from Mars and gottlieb's genie are the next table pack.

Comment

Anyone else playing the iOS version? Since the last update (with the newly designed front end) a load of the tables are now locked to landscape view, which is a bit annoying.

Comment

No. They've updated a post about the ios version on their Facebook page.
                      Attack from Mars video up to, looks great.

Comment

The Pinball Arcade

The tables are not locked to landscape on iOS.

You have to choose your table in the landscape menu, let it load, then turn the iPad 90 degrees to portrait, then you can play in portrait.

After giving us Twilight Zone and Star Trek, which are probably my fave tables now, Farsight's little send off for Christmas was that terrible new landscape menu. Thanks Farsight!

Comment

They all used to change with a 90 degree turn but them some stopped. Strangely, they all seem to be behaving now.

Comment

WiiU footage now up. Looks very nice. Ball physics look fantastic, more weight and a little less bounce than the current xbox version. The ball reacts with the flippers very well. Dmd option on the controller as well.
                            I'm not interested in the wiiU, but I really hope it does well for them.

Comment

Been putting a lot more time into this during my break off work, seems like some of the tables in the ios ver have had tweaks here and there since the star trek update, the powerball on twilight zone is half fixed now it at least shows up as white now, the table however seems to fail to recognise it when its fired from the plunger lane, theres meant to be a proximity sensor in the trough thats there to detect the powerball and kick the table into powerball mode when it detects the ball. Currently if it sends out the powerball from the trough it justbehaves like its a normal ball.

One thing that really pisses me off with twilight zone is the poor job they have done on the artwork, if you look at the rocket kickout theres a dirty piece of mylar and on further inspection you can actually see the dirt rings on the table near the rubbers, before the digitized the table they didnt even bother to clean the damn thing, in other areas like the shoot again light between the flippers has a blurry insert on the light. Whoevers table they used was in poor condition, considering that they could have easily digitally retouched all the art on the table to make it look like new, its not like the table is that rare that theres only a handful out there, all the other tables look like new so why was this one rushed out with faded wrong coloured art and dirt all over it?

Comment

I've not noticed, I'm playing with the android version. I thought it looked great, but I've not played a real one. How I could see that on a phone is anyone's guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X