Super Stardust Delta (PSV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Stardust Delta (PSV)

Bought this from the US PlayStation Store on my Vita last Thursday for $9.99. Apparently tomorrow (Feb 14) is the official release date and then there will be a "Blast Pack":

four additional game modes including Endless, Impact, Bomber and Twin Gun. The Blast Pack will be available separately on the PlayStation Store for $8.00. You?ll also be able to score the full game and the Blast Pack for just $14.99 if you choose to download them together in the ?Interstellar Bundle.?
    Source: PlayStation Blog

Of course this wasn't available when I purchased the game so I will have "lost" $3 .... first world problem I guess.

Anyway, the game visually looks great, no slowdown that I have noticed. Controls are the same as the PS3-game, left analog stick controls the ship, right stick for the weapon. If you have played that game then this will be second nature to you, but nevertheless you can customize it as you see fit.

Some differences from the PS3-game:

- Boosts sends you a longer distance
    - Only 2 "primary" weapons: Whereas before there were earth, fire and ice-typed weapons, only fire and ice are in this game as far as I have discovered.
    - Bombs are gone, however picking up a 2nd shield gives the same effect.
    - New "secondary" weapons (in Delta mode): Tap front-screen for homing missiles and press and release rear touch panel to create a black hole that will suck in asteroids and enemies. I'm not particularly fond of the latter as I have my fingers rested on the back and always accidentally use this weapon all the time (when it's available for use).

There are a few mini-games with various degrees of fun, depending how much I suck in them of course. I have only played them briefly and probably need some practice. Some of them require you to tilt the Vita back/forth and to the sides which I found a bit awkward, but then again this is Next-Gen Gaming?! (sort of)

So far I'm really liking the game, however not too fond of the rear-touch in Delta-mode, but I guess it's a matter of getting used to rest my fingers somewhere else.

Self-esteem boost: Not too difficult to achieve trophies!

Loving this. Just been playing the slide mode, or something like that. Basically have to boost your ship through lines of enemies/asteroids, but the more you hit the longer you can keep it going! So, so fun. Probably the best game on the Vita IMO.

Comment

Yeah bought this on launch day love it.The music is excellent and I'm getting used to the vita touch controls for this title.
      If my ps3 was still working I'd be playing that as well loved it in 3d mode might have to invest in a new ps3

Comment

Another fantastic game for the Vita. I liked the PS3 original but I can see me playing this much more. It's very well suited to hand-held gaming and Vita's analogue sticks work a dream. Only been playing it in Pure mode so far ... might get adventurous and try some touch screen action at some point ... but even now it's a mini masterpiece. Looks and sounds spectacular too ... the sci-fi music reminds me of gaming in the Amiga/Team17 era Great game.

Comment

I like the fact that there are only two weapons in this, for some reason it makes more sense to me.

This is yet another game thats got me hating the back touch screen though, but luckily I prefer the original type mode to Delata mode anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            I like the fact that there are only two weapons in this, for some reason it makes more sense to me.
            I thought this too. With the PS3 game I was constantly wondering if I was using the right weapon for the right enemy, breaking focus on playing. Here it's more obvious and more instinctive when to switch.

Comment

I didn't realise this, but the game mode I was talking about before, and absolutely LOVING I might add, is called Impact and it's only in the Advanced star fighter pack. It's like an extra couple quid when you buy it, and so far is massively worth it IMO. It's my favourate mode by far. SO addictive. It's ?2.39 on the store, anyone who just bought the basic Stardust, IMHO you're missing out.

Amazing.
              Last edited by Synthesthesia; 27-02-2012, 11:09.

Comment

is there Cross Play on PS3 coming with a future Stardust HD update? would love to play this on my big screen.

Comment

Working...
                X