No announcement yet.

PS Vita - impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My review as an import owner since late December: it's epic. My inner fanboy is very pleased!!

The games I bought today just reinforce my opinion. Ridge, FIFA, Virtua Tennis, UMvC3 are all sublime!!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      So I just checked, I hold down on the screen when i have a PSP game on and I get a few options, whats this colour space thing?
      My guess: The colour gamut of the vita is higher than the PSP's was, so it can either use the full range it has available, or limit it to the colours that the PSP had.

My impressions of the Vita: Very, very impressed. The machine is much lighter than I thought it would be, the sticks are nicer to use to me than the PS3s are (however I have found them fiddly for shooters), stardust for example, they feel amazing in.

I also really like the shoulder buttons, I remember on the PSP if you pressed them near the edge, they would press on the outside of the spacing for the bumper, and it wouldn't press. I specifically tried every angle I could think of and it pressed every time, so happy with them.

I don't like the charging cable, why does it have to be so big? Why in the middle of the device? When I used to charge my PSP, I put it in it's case so that it wouldn't get scratched on my desk etc. I don't want to have to buy a dock to keep it safe. At present I just put it half inside of the soft pouch it came in and charge it that way.

Comment

For a system I wasn't hugely hyped about I'm very happy with my Vita. Most of last night was spent downloading my PSP library, tinkering, and taking a very quick look at Golden Abyss & Hustle Kings.

The system has so much potential. It's been really well thought out this time. And like someone else pointed out, for once I feel genuinely spoilt for choice with launch games ... if I had a load of spare cash I'd be going daft.

Like it a lot

Comment

PSP Gran Turismo. Do it.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Copied from the Headlines thread:

It's a great little machine though not without some niggles.

-It is borderline too big for a handheld but the trade off is it's one of the most comfortable to hold whilst only being a little heavier than an 3DS.
            -The dpad is Sony's best one to date with very little trouble on UMvC3 and responsive to rolling commands.
            -The initial UI is lovely and simple to use
            -The deeper content management aspects of the UI are a bit of a mess
            -The trophy system is very disappointing in its reliance on being online and lack of PS3 compatibility
            -The analogue sticks are responsive and well placed though a tad small and loose for my liking, could do with more grip
            -The screen is really good but lacks impact as my phone has pretty much the same screen
            -The download management screen is a bit of a jumble too
            -Near isn't as well implemented as Streetpass
            ADDED: The game slot cover is appaling. Fair enough it shouldn't fall open but I should be able to easily swap games on a bus without a swiss army knife

I think the sense of slight apathy I'm feeling is that though the 3DS's 3D was a gimmick it at least gave a Day 1 sense of 'wow' to the launch. The Vita ticks pretty much every box but because they're all boxes belonging to existing gaming features there's a lack of sense of 'new'. That sense will fade with the launch feeling though and it looks to be a cracking machine overall, firmware updates will probably iron out some of the niggles too.

Comment

Anyone else tried fifa it's amazing, the only thing putting me off a purchase is the enviatable FIFA 13 in September for vita

Comment

I just tried fifa last night, looks very impressive, literally feels like the 360 game to me. I got destroyed off the AI though. They seemed to be able to get the ball off me every time yet when I tried to get it off them my guys would just tip toe around their heels

Comment

Got FIFA on Monday, traded in yesterday same game I can have for 50p on ps3 (FIFA 11)

Comment

I somehow thought 11 is better than 12, this has to be the bet portable football game by miles I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      My review as an import owner since late December: it's epic. My inner fanboy is very pleased!!

The games I bought today just reinforce my opinion. Ridge, FIFA, Virtua Tennis, UMvC3 are all sublime!!
                      Is it region free?
                      Last edited by JU!; 23-02-2012, 13:39.

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

I hope Sony sorts out a lovefilm and netflix app like on PS3. It will be perfect then
                          Last edited by davek22; 23-02-2012, 14:04.

Comment

Working...
                          X