No announcement yet.

Ridge Racer (vita)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a proper demo out for this? I downloaded one but it was E3 spinning a car around. I'm a huge fan of the series and bought a PS3, PS1 on import just for them and PSP. I just got the 3d for my JPN PS3 version of 7 but I've heard reports this slows down on Vita? Has it got much more in or same as 7? I'm fine if it's got same length and depth as be happy with it for when in hospital (reason bought NGS + even though I own that on PS3). Appreciate any advice peeps

Comment

They released a patch that stabilised the framerate issues a while back but it's only 30 fps but I love it being a huge ridge fan.

Its light on features but it's cheap enough

Comment

LOL, Europe. The Japanese DLC this morning includes the RC410, Oceanfront Cruise Way and Music Pack 18 all for free.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
          Is there a proper demo out for this? I downloaded one but it was E3 spinning a car around. I'm a huge fan of the series and bought a PS3, PS1 on import just for them and PSP. I just got the 3d for my JPN PS3 version of 7 but I've heard reports this slows down on Vita? Has it got much more in or same as 7? I'm fine if it's got same length and depth as be happy with it for when in hospital (reason bought NGS + even though I own that on PS3). Appreciate any advice peeps
          Its a multiplayer only game. So it depends on what you want.

Personally despite being a huge fan of the series I hated this, becuase for me Ridge Racer isnt a Multiplayer game.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            They released a patch that stabilised the framerate issues a while back but it's only 30 fps but I love it being a huge ridge fan.

Its light on features but it's cheap enough
            Cheers m8. I loved RR 7 in MP rmoxon was my biggest pull with all the JPN region as got a launch machine, played it for months before touched 1p and did lot of online TT so sounds my thing. I do like my TT and MP on racing games

Comment

Japanese DLC this morning includes three new cars, two new courses, and a music pack. There is also a 1.04 update to the game for "graphical tweaks". It also apparently makes adjustments to the two new tracks. It's forced also, or you can't go online.
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-04-2012, 10:55.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The progression of this DLC system is terrible.

After 2 months, I now have a whopping 6 tracks. And now the Silver pass needs to be bought for the subsequent DLC, bringing it to a whopping 9 tracks and a price that is getting closer to a full retail game. And all those tracks so far, I'm sure I have them in RR7 as well.

Namco should never do this again.

Comment

The Silver Pass has shafted you guys good. The Japanese Gold Pass gets everything available. Is the Idolm@ster DLC available over here?
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

not sure I really care anymore for this - "new track here", "new music track there", "gold pass/silver pass" anymore - I just find it all so dull now. I find progression throught the game, incredibly tedious and stale....

as saturn-gamer said - I hope NAMCO dont ever do this again

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                      Silly question, but have you installed the day 1 patch for it? It sorts out the jerky framerate issues.
                      Oh dear! I missed 2 important things!

1.) The patch! Yes it's 30fps, but now its a CONSTANT 30fps which is fine.
                      2.) The code in the box that has given me some kind of "Gold Pass" I now have 6 tracks and a tonne of cars.

Playing on a recent business trip I need to change my mind totally. It's a great game of Ridge, and reminds me of RR7.

I take back my negative comments totally.

C_S

Comment

Surely it just is RR7 though but with less stuff?

Comment

It shares the graphical style of RR7, but it's a giant mix of many recent games.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Hi folks two new cars and two new courses up on european store
                            machine lucky & wild evolver and wild wisdom
                            courses red stone thunder road and silver mountain skyway

Comment

See, I got this for ?15 with Gold Pass for free then ?3.50 for Silver Pass. With the amount of cars & tracks now available I think that's pretty good value for money.

Devil races are bitching' hard though. Using the support downloads but still having issues.

Comment

None of the new stuff is free under the gold pass?

Comment

Working...
                                X