Asphalt: Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asphalt: Injection

Gave this a quick go last night, trying out a couple of the first few tracks.

The game pretty much continues what the budget series has done before. There's quite a fair few tracks and cars in it to unlock which is done byt winning races and accomplishing minor feats to recieve stars. The stars add up and as you pass certain markers content becomes available to buy using the in game currency. I've never kept up with the core mobile series which I think is up to it's sixth entry so I'm not sure how much of the content is regurgitated. It seems like the main focus on this entry is Outrun style drifts which unless I'm missing something don't work too well, often slowing you down too much and costing the player time. The game isn't a grea looker either, not stretching the Vita's power at all and showing it's mobile heritage however Gameloft have dne their best it seems to mask it in lighting and reflections which does do a decent enough job that it isn't offensive to look at.

Compared to the other version I've dabbled with, the main improvement seems to be the framerate which for once is pretty solid and the tracks are straight forward but a little less 'real city' based, often including big jumps etc.

All in all, not too bad for a cheap cheap game.

i liked the demo of this - good, simple racing fun

Comment

Think i'll stick with Asphalt 6 on my iPAD, it was free.

I do have to wonder about the pricing for both this and Dungeon Hunter Alliance, especially the later as it seems to be even more expensive. ?30 for a game that isn't really much different to its mobile predeccesors is a bit steep.

Comment

It is a bit cheeky. Online prices for Injection seem to hover around ?18 new, which for the amount of content isn't too bad. I'm keeping myself tuned on the handheld version by reminding myself that the mobile versions are awful

Comment

I think the last few mobile ones were ok. To be honest i dont like any racing games on iOS too much becuase I hate the tilt controls, but beyond that the last Asphalt moblie game didnt seem much different to this new vita one from what i can tell after playing the demo.

Comment

That's my main bug bear with them, tilt controls are the worst thing to happen to racers this gen. It wouldn't surprise me if this is something of a compendium of the last couple of Asphalts with the frames tightened up. If there is any new content it'll probably be stuff lined up for Asphalt 7

Comment

Working...
            X