Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus [Vita]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus [Vita]

I know that J0e has this but I received my copy this morning. Not available to buy in any bricks and mortar shops any more, I saw it for ?39.99 on release day in HMV and not since. ?29.99 from Zavvi and so on.

Literally only just turned it on but it looks to be everything you could expect from Ninja Gaiden. Will post more impression when I have actually played it a bit!

It can be got for ?30 in Grainger Games if you live near one too, I didn't like it very much it's more Ninja Gaiden Sigma than Plus. Solid enough game but 10x the price of the PS3 version

Comment

is it as gory as gaiden 2 or is it just sigma for the ps3 converted ?

Comment

nah its the same as sigma. But afterall this is Ninja Gaiden 1 anyway!

I've been addicted to this on Vita, loving it! It's just as good a game as ever. Shame that it's 30fps but it doesn't hinder the game at all, gives me hope for the new DmC...

Comment

I think it is pretty good. No framerate problems that I can see, it lacks some of the better reflection effects from the PS3 version but overall looks great on the Vita.

A lovely hardcore adventure that will no doubt last a while. The Mission mode is pretty comprehensive from the look of things. A few extra rear touchscreen features have been added but nothing too intrusive control wise.

Comment

This is 27.99 on asda online, but you can buy it online then pick it up at any store that stocks it.

Comment

I bought this with the Vita but traded it for Uncharted.

Its not that NGS is bad, its just very much the same experience as the Ps3 version (and Xbox version at that). Which also means the saves and scenes aren't tailored for handheld. And the 30fps did bother me a bit.

But the Vita shows that it can do hectic slashers like these justice. the gameplay is spot on. If the next NG is an original Vita experience, such as RE Revelations on 3DS or an even better example such as DW: Next, then I'm all for it.

Comment

Ok. As Saturn Gamer says above. It is exactly what you would expect but a few negatives have arisen...

1. L O A D I N G mid level. This doesn't sit well with current game design and is noticeable now more than ever.

2. S L O W down on some of the more hectic fights - two tanks and 3 guards with two bow guards slowed it down a lot.

Other than that I love it, still a very fun challenging game.

So off topic, is DW: Next any good then?

Comment

It's alright B, harder than most versions but still just DW it ain't gonna change your opinion of the series

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                    It's alright B, harder than most versions but still just DW it ain't gonna change your opinion of the series
                    Amazingly it is one of the series I have never played an entry for. If I can find it cheap this might be a jump in for me...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      Amazingly it is one of the series I have never played an entry for. If I can find it cheap this might be a jump in for me...
                      You may as well then bud, you won't find it cheap though it trades in for ?28 at game I you don't like it

Comment

I've only played the Demo of Next, and it was the most fun I had with a DW game. Its on my radar.

I believe IGN gave it a solid 8 which is unique for a DW as well.

Comment

Got this yesterday and loving the vita version
                          should have bought this first instead of ninja gaiden 3 had enough of that one bored beyond belief

Comment

Working...
                          X