Yakuza Black Panther 2 (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakuza Black Panther 2 (PSP)

The second PSP Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza game. It's more of the same, but for fans of the series, that's no bad thing. Shares the same Peace Walker style comic book cutscenes as the first one, and retains the same main character. Fighting styles can be changed whenever you want in the options and can be levelled up, new moves/combos learnt for each and so on.

As is the standard for the series, there is loads to do around Kamurocho (yup, same city as before - more or less the same it's always been) such as side quests, karaoke, hostess bars, cooking and so on.

I'll go into more detail in my review coming later, but for the moment, if you are a fan of the series then you'll know what to expect. Oddly, although it's very similar to the first one on PSP, if the last Yakuza game you played was Of The End/Dead Souls, then it's kinda nice to get back to a more traditional one of the series.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-04-2012, 14:05.

Look forward to reading more on this.

Comment

Sucks that this isn't a Vita title

Comment

Finished this off last night and enjoyed it up until the end. There's just so much to do and see and it never feels stale or boring, despite being set in the same city as, and sharing the same core features as much of the rest of the series. Highly recommended.

Comment

These psp spin offs, do they tie in with the ps3 games in any way? I'm finally getting stuck into the ps3 ones again and was wondering if I'd be missing out on much by not visiting the psp outings. I take it they follow a similar formula? The comic style cut scenes sound interesting...

Comment

Nope, it's the same formula but none of the PS2/PS3 game characters. It's aimed at a younger crowd and has a young guy as a main character. Still great though and doesn't lose much of the mature themes like violence, hostess clubs, Yakuza etc.

Comment

Working...
            X