The Witcher 2 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    This game is quite clever with its decisions, it plonked me in control of a new character how had only previously been mentioned in passing, and had me making what seemed to be some fairly important decisions about the story.

I only had the knowledge from what I had learned in passing conversations, what I had read in books in game, and first impressions of the characters I had just met to guide me. Very very clever way of putting you out of your comfort zone. Really enjoying this, and it only seems to get better!
    Just the same experience I am having! The game decisions aren't just on the surface, they really make you think! For some reason playing the witcher makes me go down the "Bad Ass" road, where in other games I'm normally the good guy.

Fantastic game though, just getting to the end of Chapter 1, but I can't find out my game time. How do we do that? I am guessing 18 hours.

Comment

I haven't found my game time , I'm probably at about17-20 hours and just starting chapter 2

Comment

Ruddy girlfriends It's so bitesized at the moment in terms of how long I get to play. Last night I had just enough time to take down the

giant beast by the shipwreck. I got the protective potion but didn't need it. He was a wuss!

. Nice scale though, but another example that it is actually an easy game.

Comment

From what I understand the difficulty spikes were sorted out for this edition, the opening at the castle and the Kayran being two of the worst.

I certainly don't think the game is easy, but it depends upon your approach I guess, slow cautious and steady seems to reap rewards, especially as the game gets more difficult. Allow yourself To be swarmed and you will quite easily die.

Be aware, You're only fighting pansy enemies right now, and the Katran doesn't involve any actual fighting proper, it's more a follow the pattern boss.

Surprised not to see many more people commenting on this, truly great game and..

...dare I say it...

Really shows up Mass Effect 3 and its lazy fetch riddled quests. I loved Mass Effect 3, but it was rushed and derivative. This is the game Mass Effect could have been had they not reset on their laurels!
          Last edited by MrKirov; 20-04-2012, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
            Performance wise I think they have optimized it quite a bit over the time of its original release. It has for me anyway, remember having to tweak it quite a bit when it first came out. I have more or less the same spec since then just have more ram and an ssd.
            Did you notice the difference before or after the enhanced edition content download? I'm hoping a 10GB update will feature at least SOME tweaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
              Did you notice the difference before or after the enhanced edition content download? I'm hoping a 10GB update will feature at least SOME tweaks.
              Didgital foundry suggest a massive list of improvements, including better lighting & extra content.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                Is the UK PAL release region free? Will it work on an NTSC-U machine?

Comment

I will be able to test tomorrow, Sketcz.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                    Didgital foundry suggest a massive list of improvements, including better lighting & extra content.
                    Probably should have reiterated. I mean tweaks to game settings so that it's optimised in line with the 360 version. A number of systems (mine included) the power of which leave the 360 in the dust, prior to the EE update at least, could not set the game to medium settings and receive playable FPS

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      I will be able to test tomorrow, Sketcz.
                      Thanks muchly.

Comment

I've just started Act one and so far it isn't quite as polished as I was hoping but I'm slowly being drawn in. I dread to think how people who haven't played the original are finding the story because as someone who finished it last year I'm feeling like I've been thrown in the deep end somewhat!

The lack of polish is mostly from the transitions between scenes, ie from gameplay to talky bits or cutscenes. It's really jarring especially having just come from a high-budget effort like Mass Effect. There are lots of graphics issues but I'm not bothered by those.

Still, i'm looking forward to getting into the game proper. I love the menu system which promises great things with the depth. I love the combat which is rock hard but satisfying even if it isn't quite up there with Dark Soul's and the characters are great just as they were in the original.

Comment

Well i have been playing this all week and i have to say no matter how much time i put into i just cannot get into it enough to carry on. Dont get me wrong it looks fantatsic, the sounds and enviroments are great, the combat is very good and is so much more than just button bashing. The biggest problem for me is just the story, i have got as far as the start of Act 2 and just about got the gist of it but towards the end of Act 1 and the start of act 2 it has just thrown me to be honest, its just so confusing, so many people and place names im finding it difficult understanding what the hell they are talking about and how people are connected. I guess it obviously helps if you have played and finished the first game (which i havent sadly). It would perhaps have been a good idea if they had put something in the beginning to explain the background of the first game, i know they put stuff up on YouTube but that should have been on the game itself. Maybe its just me, i really want to like this as like i say it really plays well.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                            Well i have been playing this all week and i have to say no matter how much time i put into i just cannot get into it enough to carry on. Dont get me wrong it looks fantatsic, the sounds and enviroments are great, the combat is very good and is so much more than just button bashing. The biggest problem for me is just the story, i have got as far as the start of Act 2 and just about got the gist of it but towards the end of Act 1 and the start of act 2 it has just thrown me to be honest, its just so confusing, so many people and place names im finding it difficult understanding what the hell they are talking about and how people are connected. I guess it obviously helps if you have played and finished the first game (which i havent sadly). It would perhaps have been a good idea if they had put something in the beginning to explain the background of the first game, i know they put stuff up on YouTube but that should have been on the game itself. Maybe its just me, i really want to like this as like i say it really plays well.
                            I felt like that too at first but seriously stick with it, there are some great bits coming up. The dwarven city is a mess to navigate and it doesn't help that the quest marker just shows without telling you if its on the highest level or underground. Just persist and the city does start to make a little sense.

The thing that took me ages was finding the forest with the catacombs. I didn't realize that the path to the forest was actually inside the bloody city. Near the gates where you exit, you take stairs up and follow them round to the outskirts of Vergan and then suddenly you are in a huge forest O_O took me so long to find that ._.

But yes its all fell into place now and I'm slicing harpy's like there is no tomorrow!

Comment

Just tested: PAL game does not work in NTSC-U console, but works fine in NTSC-J console.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Just tested: PAL game does not work in NTSC-U console, but works fine in NTSC-J console.
                                Fantastic, many thanks. Well, not fantastic, that sucks actually. But thanks for the info.

Are there any content differences between the US and UK release? I've heard some rumblings/rumours on a US forum about censorship, but no concrete details.

Comment

Working...
                                X