FEZ revew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
    This has one of the worst trials on XBLA for me. Sure it allows you a look at the mechanics but is totally soulless and devoid of most of the charm from the actual opening of the game (it's just cobbled together from bits further on).

It may not sway your opinion into buying the game now, but don't take it as representative of the full final experience.
    Interesting. Just played through the trial and despite it looking and sounding fantastic, I found it a little on the dull side. Might consider picking it up in the future like C' when it is reduced to 400 points.

Comment

Bah i've had to cheat! i can't do QR codes with my crappy phone so i've had to get them gamefaqs of all places.. about the only thing im annoyed with game about. Other puzzles are pretty indepth to, got the "input" stuff worked out thanks

to that stone that lights up

, which i managed to miss completely during my first play through. Which leads me to believe every other symbol isn't meaningless rubbish, which means i need to find a room with hints on the alphabet, like the input room.

and god damn that telescope puzzle >< took forever trying combinations out.

Comment

People shouldn't judge this so quickly, especially not based on the demo. The first hour or so is very lightweight. But it does pick up, and when it does, it keeps on going and going with countless brilliant ideas. I put in around 9 hours yesterday, and another 10 so far today and still have half the anti cubes to collect.
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 14-04-2012, 22:26.

Comment

The anti-cubes are so well hidden, it's pretty ridiculous in a fantastic way. The sheer weight of the community on forums pulling together to solve the clues are something which would make LOST fans jealous.

Comment

i did have to look up why the inputs i got from the glowy stone were not working as they should. then hit myself in the head for being so dim QR codes also need researching as my phone is old...unless the vita can do it? NG+ started now and loving it.

Comment

Right. As people can't read and get the various hints. Any discussion not relating to GAMEPLAY impressions in this thread may result in a 3 Day ban.

If you have other things you need to discuss about Fez, it's creator or the industry in the whole, start a new thread or search for one of several existing threads more suitable for it.

Comment

Can you be a bit more careful about the spoilers too? I'm a couple of hours in and there are already several things being discussed I litterally had no idea about. Like other arcade titles such as Braid, the less you know the better, so I'm sure people would appreciate a bit more thought on hiding spoilers

Enjoying it a lot so far, the music and general feel of the game is superb. It has a real weight or rather... substance to the game world. So much more than the one-trick pony I was expecting.

Comment

loving this but is anyone else noticing its stutters in places, its seemed to have got worse the more i play it with the level transitions really struggling hard, its not spoiling my game but it would be nice to know if anyone has found why it dose this. have to echo what others have said the music is top notch whoever did it loves Boards of Canada.

Comment

stutters the longer you play it. Turn it off and on again will sort it out for at least another hour, shoddy programming

32 gold, 28 anti... sooo close, i think i got the owl one almost solved and i understand the clock one but damn the requirements for that.

Took me ages to solve the Tuning fork my fav puzzle so far

was taking the the rumbling for morse code as left rumble was shorter than the right rumble but it meant sod all when i tried that lol, after coming back to it hit me left rumble for left, right for right, after many failed attempted at analaog left/right i tried rotate left, rotate right and it worked a treat

Comment

The technical problems have been acknowleged by the developers and they're currently working on a patch. Apparently the bugs are more likely to affect older 360s.

Comment

Mines a 120gig black Xbox so not a new slim but not a really old one

Comment

I think it's just the really old models (pre-Jasper) that the worst problems occur on. I've clocked up almost 30 hours and it hasn't crashed once yet, just frame skipping that gets worse the longer you play (over 3 hours or so).

Comment

So 5 years in the making and they can't get the framerate or bugs fixed, you gotta think WTF?

Comment

They did pretty well for a core team Of 2!
                              Also, it's only like ?6.
                              The sole programmer of FEZ actually issued a statement on it over at their website.

FEZ had more testing done in the past 24 hours by about TWENTY THOUSAND PEOPLE (!!) than it had in five years. So, as it happens, bugs popped up. Some pretty serious.
                              A small subset of older Xboxes with smaller hard drives can’t run the game at all. The game has trouble running off a USB stick. Crashes are occurring in specific levels or situations. In a rare situation (exiting the game from the “wall village” interiors), the save file becomes unusable. Nasty stuff.
                              We will be working internally and with Microsoft on those issues and let you know more later. It makes sense to issue a patch, but we don’t currently have an ETA on it.
                              If you have a game-breaking problem, let us know at [email protected] so we can look into fixing it. Lots of these problems have simple workarounds, so we can help you out, and email is easier than tweets.
                              Sorry, and thanks for understanding!
                              And we’re thrilled to see that the vast majority of you are enjoying the game as it was meant to be.
                              Renaud
                              Finished the game today. When you do, make sure you start a New Game + there is something awesome not too far in looking forward to solving some of the puzzles I missed.

Also turns out I missed a whole area, which is particularly retro.
                              Last edited by EvilBoris; 15-04-2012, 23:30.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                                I think it's just the really old models (pre-Jasper) that the worst problems occur on. I've clocked up almost 30 hours and it hasn't crashed once yet, just frame skipping that gets worse the longer you play (over 3 hours or so).
                                Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                                So 5 years in the making and they can't get the framerate or bugs fixed, you gotta think WTF?
                                Tried the demo earlier and experienced stuttering during the camera sweeps from the beginning. (I'm using a 4GB "S" unit.) I'm wondering if it's a performance issue related to writing the game in C#/XNA. Also, Renaud B?dard (Polytron's programmer) has a fairly interesting blog.

Gameplay impression: I can see why Fish is getting irritated with the Super Paper Mario comparisons, as they feel very different. I liked the art style and loved the music, but the demo did feel a bit empty and odd, as others have pointed out. Plus points for D-pad control too.

Comment

Working...
                                X