X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ta, might give it a punt then...

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      From what I can tell this thread is full of fans of the TV show. Is that necessary to understand/enjoy this (bearing in mind it seems more interactive story than game)?
      I had never seen the TV show or read the graphic novels before playing this. I have since acquired both.
      It totally hooked me in.
      Whether it's really a game is debateable but it was incredibly entertaining and easily one of my favourite gaming experiences of the year. Go for it.

Comment

Started this yesterday and I'm loving it!!

Loving the graphical style, gets a little juddery what with loading different choices and stuff but, yeah, lovely.

Voice acting is pretty sound though sometimes you go from calm to SHOUTY for no reason, again, based on choices you make.

Just coming up to the end of episode 2

what a twist that was. Yummy!

Cant wait to play more tonight.

Comment

I've started reading the comic after being given it for Christmas. I now understand why the tv is so wank, and I have even more appreciation for the game. Kirkman. Cannot. Write.

Comment

The TV show became really good in season three by the way

Comment

Just purchased the season pass for the game on PS3 after months of hearing good things, played through episode one entirely and thought it was superb.

Jurassic park really disappointed me thats why i hadnt got this in until now, but its easily a game of the year contender for me.

Loved the cameos by some of the main characters too!

I have a feeling its only going to get better...

Comment

Just finished this and now and I am emotionally exhausted! Absolutely superb storytelling. Deserving of Game of the Year even though it has very few gaming elements (and the choices don't make TOO much of an impact, I have found out - Heavy Rain made better use of this). As a fan of the comics I don't think this could have been done any better and now cannot wait for season 2!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                  The TV show became really good in season three by the way
                  Yeah but it's still not a patch on the comics. The story simply isn't as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    From what I can tell this thread is full of fans of the TV show. Is that necessary to understand/enjoy this (bearing in mind it seems more interactive story than game)?
                    I haven't watched the show or read the comic and am enjoying the game a lot, so it's definitely not necessary.

Comment

I've heard nothing but praise for the comics, while the tv has, rightfully, had its share of criticism (not enough, of course). After progressing with the comic, I can easily say it's just as bad as the worst parts of the tv show, and I'm baffled by the praise that it receives. Kirkman simply cannot write. Like, at all.

He wasted about 3 or 4 pages to tell the painfully dull story of how Lori and Rick met, and then ended it with Lori saying "I told you it wasn't interesting". If EVEN YOUR OWN CHARACTERS are saying that the story you're telling isn't interesting, and it isn't relevant to the plot, and you're not telling it in an interesting way - WHY ARE YOU TELLING IT!?

It's equally as poor as the hilarious "black dude's gaze" **** from the spectacularly awful novel.

Comment

Finally finished episode 5 last night after a long gap between playing episode 4. Gotta say, I forgot how good it is. There was a moment in the final episode that literally had my jaw drop. Rare for me to actually be emotionally moved by a game. When's season 2 due?

Comment

I bought the 1st five episodes cheaply a couple of months back and played the first one a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed. Really liked the consequences of your actions being recorded by the game and displayed on the screen during dialogue or action scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_citizen View Post
                            Finally finished episode 5 last night after a long gap between playing episode 4. Gotta say, I forgot how good it is. There was a moment in the final episode that literally had my jaw drop. Rare for me to actually be emotionally moved by a game. When's season 2 due?
                            WELL couple of nights ago some DLC popped up on steam database called The Walking Dead: 400 Days, should be getting shown at E3 fully. As for season 2 I would hazard a guess late 2014 as they are currently making a game based on the Vertigo comic/series Fables.
                            The Wolf Among Us.

"You won't have to wait for season two to play more Walking Dead," Telltale Games writer Gary Whitta said in February. "I can tell you what you already know, which is season two is coming. There's not much to say because it really is very early, it's a way off.
                            Fables: The Wolf Among Us. Starring Bigby Wolf. Features the 3 lil pigs too....

Comment

Finished this yesterday and although some of the events that occurred in the later/final chapters were pretty expected they were still handled dramatically and in fantastic fashion. I feel I got my ?15 worth that I paid for the disc version and will sometime in the future give it another playthrough whilst trying to make opposing choices to the ones I went with on the first completion.

I do wonder if

the majority of choices you make that are remembered/impact Clementine will have effects in the future if she is to be brought back for the 2nd Season or sometime after that. I think it would be an interesting additional and help to link both seasons together (which can't be a bad thing as this one was fantastic).

In any case, sometimes it takes a smaller company to show how dramatic and impactful gameplay can be done correctly. Time to pay attention big corporate publishers. Well done Telltale Games, more please...

Comment

Working...
                              X