Risen 2: Dark Waters - PC, 360 & PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risen 2: Dark Waters - PC, 360 & PS3

Suppose i'm the only one mad enough to pick up this. If you didn't like the mess that was Risen, you won't like this. Its even more of a mess in certain areas. I'm playing the pc version which has texture pop ups coming in within a couple of centremeters from your character. Thankfully with some tweaks you can get rid of that and the combat feels a bit worse than the first game.

Now you're probably asking me why i'm still playing it and why did i purchase it in the first place. Theres 2 reasons for that.
    1. The world itself is wonderful to explore and can be quite difficult, there is no hand holding whatsoever. So it ticks all the right boxes for me in the adventurer in me.
    2. The characters, quests and story are really interesting and fun to explore. The pirate theme in the this really benefits from it.

Will post more thoughts asap.

I liked the first one and would be keen to hear more of your impressions

Comment

I hear it's a teenyweeny bit racist and has awful voice acting. If you can confirm this, I'll obviously be buying it ASAP.

Comment

Yes it is, lol. The voice acting isn't that bad for a low budget euro rpg. You have slavery, savages etc, the tribeswomen wear boobtubes to cover up the boobies.
        Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 08-05-2012, 10:02.

Comment

Working...
        X