Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Black demo

Tried the xbox demo today.

3rd person shooter with underwater sections.
    Movement above ground is a bit clunky with it doing walk to run for you depending on how long you push the stick, although there's no real need to run because of the cover system (press A to move in and out of cover).
    Underwater is a lot more intuitive than say Super Mario 64 and there's a boost gauge to get you pass trouble.
    Some dodgy repetitive QTE/Button Hammer enemies that I was quite looking forward to battling properly when they appeared but denied.

Graphics are crisp so it's easy to pick out enemies, with a VERY Dead Space In Water feel to it (not just the guy's suit).

Super linear in the demo.

There's some kind of major snap-to when firing if near a target (I played on Normal).

It didn't tempt me to buy it, but the plot/setting was vaguely intriguing.

I haven't progressed beyond the demo but have to admit I did end up buying this, it's epically derivative of Dead Space/Gears etc but as an XBL game there's just enough appeal. Christ knows if it'll hold to last to Episode 2

Comment

Quick question as I can't find out, anyone know if the Deep Black release on PSN today is the full game or Episode 1 like XBL has?

Scratch that, some blog diggings revealed that the PS3 version is the whole game. Bonus!
      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 22-08-2012, 14:18.

Comment

Working...
      X