Minecraft: Xbox 360 / One / PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
    So what is up with the buckets? I am trying to make obsidian by pouring lava onto water and I can't refill any of my buckets! Don't have any iron left to make any more either..
    Buckets disappear once used - it's a 'mare. I lost 3 when I made a cake and was pretty peeved too.

If you can, pour water on to non-flowing lava - otherwise cobblestone often forms (in my experience anyway).
    I got really lucky and managed to get a waterfall to fall into lava deep underground.
    Going through the nether portal wasn't such a great idea though. Got whupped by pigmen and lost all my stuff including my diamond pickaxe. *sob*. Even pebbles and prinny couldn't help me retrieve it.
    Speaking of pebbles - he managed to flood one of my mines with a lava waterfall. Took us 20 mins to sort the damage and re-chip it out!!
    I love this game single player but with a couple of other people in you get things done so quickly (lava disasters aside). It's ace!

Comment

Buckets can be reused but only if your pouring stuff out of them, if you use a full one of lava in a furnace or a full one of milk for baking they turn into one use items.

This might help if you want to do obsidian farming.

the wiki on this is really great for everything.

Comment

I caved in and got this a couple of days ago. From the little playtime I've had I'm finding it quite relaxing. But on;y managed to build a small 3 story wooden house. I'm intrigued to see what some of you guys have built .... looking for inspiration really. Any tips for someone who's just starting out?

Please feel free to add me on XBL, and come & make your mark on my little island!

Comment

Picked this up despite knowing what will happen....11 hours later I get to bed My first act of mp was letting an explodey creature into kats house bkowing the top off it and letting more of them in. He booted us out to reload lol

Comment

Anybody else getting Tetris Dream Syndrome with this?

I've got an amazing series of underground caverns packed with all sorts of exciting things. I can hear monsters, so I use the surround sound to locate them and the booty usually near them.

However, all this digging is filling my dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
              Picked this up despite knowing what will happen....11 hours later I get to bed My first act of mp was letting an explodey creature into kats house bkowing the top off it and letting more of them in. He booted us out to reload lol
              I've never seen Kat as cross as that before

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Anybody else getting Tetris Dream Syndrome with this?

I've got an amazing series of underground caverns packed with all sorts of exciting things. I can hear monsters, so I use the surround sound to locate them and the booty usually near them.

However, all this digging is filling my dreams!

Yes! I have to put up sopme scaffolding in my house to wallpaper a high up wall. All I could think of was... If I could put a block here, then here I could put one on top of it and then build a bridge across!

Put a scary amount of time into this now. Got the on a rail achievement and then re designed my boring one direction rail to a rollercoaster that runs from the top of a mountain near my (now 4 storey) mountain side lava house! Brilliant time sink this game.

Comment

Built a massive house ontop of a cliff all wood and glass and am currently creating a covered walkway so I can get to my nearby mine at night. I found a massive labyrinth of caves underground that's full of skeletons and am slowly clearing it but am getting a bit stalled with how much energy 3 skeletons can zap from you. dose any one have any tips for clearing them out easily.

Also I've got a bit of a bug where I'm hitting stuff and it's not registering damage unless in right in front of the enemy/animal, a sneaky hit from above doesn't seem to work like it did on the pc is this a know bug?

Comment

@Lebowski - Are you wearing any armour? That would certainly help as well as using a bow and arrow to take out baddies from a distance

Comment

I did add you to see what you've built, Dude!

I've not had any issues with hitting stuff from above or over blocks. I struggled with working out the range at first.

There's so much stuff I just don't know about:
                      How to get a dispenser to work
                      How to craft a portal
                      How to build a boat
                      Can you make mine tracks go uphill?
                      Can you increase your health?

I'm just spending all my time exploring underground!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        How to build a boat
                        Oh thats an easy one .. just taken wooden planks a make a 'u' shape in the crafting window (u will need a crafting table for it)

Comment

It's a weird bug as the enemies flash red but don't move backwards might just put it in peacefull mode for a bit as having to go toe to toe with skeletons never ends well, And I haven't got any steel for armour as the only ore ive found is all in this skeleton infested cave lol.

You can build minetracks uphill but it takes a powered minecart to get you up steep inclines. Mine-cart + furnace = powered minecart.

Comment

Lol that is just bad luck hehe. I seem to have no problem finding iron but then I guess that is the luck of the draw when it comes to randomly generated worlds.
                            Currently building my sky house which is only accessible via a waterfall. Managed to fall from the top yesterday and lose all my gear so did the usual mad dash back to the scene of the accident to pick up as much stuff as possible...and it was night time. Chore!

Comment

Thanks, badboy, I made a boat at lunch. Set sail and then the sun set.

I also sussed out the dispenser. I thought it cloned things, but all it does is shoot out what you've already put in. You can create defence systems if you put arrows in them.

I've heard there's a bug at the moment that lets you duplicate. To do it, you open a dispenser, put the item you want to duplicate inside it (e.g. diamond) and while you still have the dispenser open, have someone else destroy the dispenser.
                              You now put the 64 diamonds in your inventory, open a chest and hold X not A and fill each one of the boxes with 64 diamonds.

I've not tried this myself, so I can't confirm it yet...

I also dig a bit more mining and made a shedload of obsidian, so I can't wait to make a portal!
                              Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-05-2012, 13:27.

Comment

Only a weasel uses a glitch.

Real men use sweat, blood, tears and toil to hack out precious resources from under the noses of zombays, spiddars and explodey things.

The Doom Tunnel now has 3 sections, and the minecart tunnel has reached one end of the map (the absolute end), jutting out to sea in a glass enclosure. Now we need to extend the other end of it out as far as it will go. Not far, I imagine, as the sand island seems to be the end of the map.

I think it's time to go off and explore some of the bits Juans saw, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X