MUD ? FIM Motocross World Championship (Demo) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MUD ? FIM Motocross World Championship (Demo) review

I played the Xbox demo version of MUD ? FIM Motocross World Championship. Anyone else tried this? How do you get it to slide around the corners?

It was nice to have some ruts in the mud to "feel" but when it's just nowhere near as fun as Excitebike64, with almost no need to lean forwards or backwards most of the time, I just thought why bother?

There is a "scrub" mechanic whereby holding A when going over doubles and tables will flick the bike sideways to avoid getting too much height which would lose you time. But instead of just approaching it realistically, i.e. forgetting to scrub = too much height and time lost, instead they have made the scrub a timing thing - if fill the meter just right you get a boost when landing. Sigh.....

The only time I ever felt like I was in trouble was when going into a corner too fast and hitting the wall, or taking off over a jump not straight. There was no sliding and desperately trying to hold opposite lock technique that I could glean - if someone else has figured this out, please let me know.

Did someone lock you in a box for the afternoon and tell you you'd only be let out if you demoed a whole series of bizarre downloadable titles?

Comment

Hah. It was a whole bunch of stuff I added to my queue on Xbox.com and then decided I should probably do something about it. Most of them got deleted. Some of them got First Play threads.

Comment

Working...
      X