VF5 Final Showdown review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VF5 Final Showdown review

Out this weds can't wait, who else is excited?

It's only 400 points/12 achievements and the achievements all look really easy.
    The arcades in quest mode in the original console version of VF5 (2007) were ridiculous because you had to beat, what seemed like one hundred 'players' per arcade, and well, most of em were easy. But it just took for ever. I am a bit confused as why there is no similar arcade achievements in VF5FS, but I am REALLY looking fwd to weds. This summer is going to be awesome, VF5FS, Skyrim Dawngaurd, 2012 Olympic fun, ooh yea.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I've never played a 3D fighting game properly but I've heard great things about the training mode in VF, can't wait to try it on Wednesday.

Comment

If ONLY it was 400 points, it's 1200 points.
      DLC is only 400 points, well 400-600.

Comment

is this a xbla game or a games on demand game ? i ask cos i think games on demand are region locked and i have a japanese machine

Comment

It's an XBLA game.

Comment

well this thread would have had me thinking it was an xbox exclusive but according to the link its out on psn first, from tomorrow in fact

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              If ONLY it was 400 points, it's 1200 points.
              DLC is only 400 points, well 400-600.
              Yea I thought that could be misconstrued, by '400 points' I meant the game is worth 400 Gamerpoints.
              Hmm, if I can get a Kage Maru bonus pack for 400MP I may just do that. The extra wardrobe content is ridiculous.

Anyway, if anyone wants to play me on XBLA this month give me a shout. I just need one week to tune up first. I would say I am an average player.

Comment

What? No psn version? Wtf!

Hmmm...

112 :/

Comment

Its out tomorrow on psn :-)

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                  What? No psn version? Wtf!

Hmmm...

112 :/
                  Last edited by charlesr; 06-06-2012, 07:11.

Comment

Yeah, PSN is a day earlier in fact. Well, ofcourse not Europe.

Comment

Played this quite a bit at a Eurogamer event last week. It's changed quite a lot from VF5 and I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

What kind of changes? My only experience is with the ps3 game and I got annoyed by the collision detection / hit boxes. It's my favourite fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                          What kind of changes? My only experience is with the ps3 game and I got annoyed by the collision detection / hit boxes. It's my favourite fighter though.
                          That annoyed quite a few of us but it's been improved in VF5FS. There's quite a few changes to various aspects like backdashes, sidesteps, throw system, attacking from the side it's also a lot more combo oriented now.The characters themselves have been changed up considerably, some of us at Eurogamer felt like we were using new characters. There's also a new soundtrack and remixed stages with some new shapes that have a big impact.

Comment

Looks good played the Arcade version bought VF5 not that long ago at bargain price. Should be good. Used to routinely get smashed by Japanese people on this.

Comment

When does XBLA update?
                              Midnight?
                              Will I be able to buy it at midnight tonight?
                              I can't stand the wait!!!!

Last time I was this excited about a downloadable game was Sonic CD back in December.

Comment

Working...
                              X