Rainbow Moon (PS3) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainbow Moon (PS3) review

Thought I'd get a first play thread going...

I'm not too far in, about 3 hours. I'm not sure if this is because I chose Hard mode (the difficulty description sounded apt for some good grinding gameplay) and that I chose to begin with minimal equipment, but it really is a slow grind. And I am loving it.

The game looks lovely and is starting to test my battle tactics.

Only level 6 after 3 hours... and there's a trophy for getting to level 500!

Anyone start on a different difficulty? Would like to hear if the game is as grind festy there too?

Really enjoying it so far.

It's a grind fest regardless of difficulty level. But of course you can buy extra credits with real money to help you get beyond this I'm sure that was totally not intentional though

Also, you only have the option of music/fx on or off, no vol control - in this day and age? Really?

Comment

Game is hard and quite repetitive. Can't think of much else to say other than I'm still playing it so there must be something keeping me playing. Maybe it's the satifaction obtained from finally beating a git of a quest. Every time I think I'm getting somewhere and am comfortably able to defeat enemies, they throw something new your way that makes you think you're weak again. At the start they get you fighting 2 to 3 enemies and they can be trouble. On Hard mode I just got through the very first tutorial fight alive by a few HP. I've seen encounters that contain 17+ enemies, am not touching them at all LOL!

Comment

Just beat the Crystal Lord. Feels like I've been playing for ages, but have hardly scratched the surface being lvl6. Only 494 levels to go!

Still enjoying it.

I've started playing Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre on my Vita because of this game.

Comment

excellent game, just bought it and its well worth a tenner.

Comment

Working...
          X