No announcement yet.

Google Nexus 7 Tablet First play review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine today from ebuyer and so far I love it. Feels like an expensive bit of kit especially the creaky screen free version.

First Andriod device and although getting around is easy im slightly overwhelmed by the options available! No idea what to do with the home screen, bit lost tbh!

Comment

First Android tablet? Get the Samsung Parallax live wallpapers for a bit of fun, MX Player for your videos and eBookDroid for reading stuffs - the "night" mode and the support for djvu files are the main reason I love it.

Swap out the icons at the bottom for things you want there (touch and hold then drag to the top to remove). Get #AndChat and join us on IRC!

Comment

Thanks, I've stuck them all on and I'm getting there!

Couple of questions: My phone (Lumia 800) has support for DLNA but I'm unable to get the two the see each other. Is there a specific player for Andriod?

I've setup my work and personal calendars but is there a way to get facebook (I'm using FriendCaster) events on the same screen? It's a really nice feature of Windows 7.5 so would be nice to have it the same here!

Comment

Not heard of DLNA and don't use Facebook so can't answer sorry!

Comment

Just got mine and quite impressed at what you get for the money. Best tablet I have tried bar the iPad, a lot of that is helped by jellybean being so smooth on it.

I have had snesoid and gensoid running with an icontrolpad and it plays great. Just need to try PC engine and mame next.

Plus only a slight bit of screen lift which is nice.

Comment

How do you get iPlayer running on it? Any way of getting Flash on on?

Comment

Flash seems to end with ICS and is not compatible with JellyBean (which my phone is now running and can't install either).
                Do you need it in Chrome?

I discovered the folder function the other day and was pleasantly surprised. Now I have no icons on my screen except down the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                X