No announcement yet.

Sleeping Dogs (360/PS3/PC) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One loved his game like tigger loves to bounce.

Comment

Anybody else playing this at the moment?

I'm really enjoying it!

I got beaten up a few times at the fight clubs and the drug busts, but I soon realised that finishing a combo is not the way forward when an enemy glows red and is about to attack. I've now finished all the current drug busts and fight clubs. One club had absolutely loads of dudes fighting you at the same time, and another had about 4 or 5 brawlers in the last rounds, which was really tough.

One of the great thing about this is how it pops up stats to see how you compare with people on your friends list. I am now the leader in clean driving!
      Everything from flying kicks to air time is covered. I found myself doing the fight clubs but trying to balance the beatings so that I'd get a series of kills, just to break the record!

I'm currently pootling about finding all the health shrines. These appear on the map once you've done one of the early dating missions.

I'm finding myself easily distracted though. If I see a gang milling about, I'll drive up, saunter over (never run), beat them up and empty their lock box of booty. Love it.

Last night I found myself paying my respects to my sensei's grave as the sun slowly set. (30 seconds earlier, I was seeing how high up the graveyard I could get my car, so not that respectful...)

There's some free DLC that gives you a great little car. It rattles along and turns on a penny, making it fun to see where you can drive it.

I'm not a big fan of DLC that could've been in the final game, but it looks like they're constantly adding new ideas to continue the story, often in unusual ways. Check out the Zodiac Tournament pack, that is a massive homage to Enter the Dragon!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 26-03-2013, 14:18.

Comment

Very good game. I really enjoy it a lot. You can easily do a mission after another one. I like that you can restart at the checkpoint during the missions also.

I love the city and the graphics also (PC version). It's refreshing to see Hong Kong.
        The PC version is very good according me. It did crash or glitch sometimes but I really don't mind.

Comment

I went back and finished all the DLC for this just the other week actually. The zombie one was ok, nothing great though. Year of the Snake was pretty reasonable, just a cool follow on from the end of the game. I was most disappointed with Zodiac though.

It seemed really cool and had a great feel, but there's this one bit where you get drugged, and Wei does the typical wonky camera/strange colours/slow staggering walk. This would be fine, but after finishing the fight while drugged, you then have to run across to the freakin other side of the island. It took waaaaaaaay too long and was completely unfun. I think I just sat there holding the forward key for 5 minutes not even looking at the screen. I honestly can't understand how someone thought it would be a good idea, unless they wanted to claim an extra 10 minutes of playtime?

Anyway, main game is amazing, I really, really love it.

Comment

This is free on Games With Gold in January!

Check it out if you've not had chance yet as it's brilliant.

Comment

Yeah I downloaded it already - haven't played it yet though.

Comment

That's because you're too busy playing Zuma's Revenge. Get it sorted!

Comment

Clip of some fighting on the PS4 version.

Really enjoying this actually, and I see what you all meant about the fighting side of it.

Comment

Sleeping dogs was aight when I played it on ps3 but I fear now all sandbox type games will pale in comparison to GTA V

Comment

Sleeping Dogs has much better actual gameplay but the world of GTAV is insane.

Comment

Agreed combat is better in SD and the Yakuza series but GTA V has everything else.

Comment

I love GTAV but I still feel the controls and momentum of the characters is early PS2 standard, appalling really. It needs proper twin stick control as standard.

Comment

Bought the Fist of Legend outfit and am doing a ton of side stuff trying to keep my police rating from dipping too low.

Comment

Picked up the Definitive Edition for sale on PS4, played a couple of hours and it's pretty cool. I'm still hopeless on the combat, hoping I improve quickly. As per usual with these games I'm completely ignoring story missions and cruising around searching for bits and bobs and doing side missions first. Thumbs up so far, though it's very early days.

Comment

just fight gangs whenever you can and return jade statues for more moves.

Comment

Working...
                                X