Dust 514 beta [PS3/others?] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dust 514 beta [PS3/others?] review

Well I got the PS3 version downloaded earlier. Or so I thought, until another 2GB update had to be downloaded and installed.

Yay! It's downloaded!

Fire it up, make my character, go to instant battle. Sweet.

Cannot deploy, "invalid fitting". Er ok, go into fitting, no dropsuit. Hmm. Go to marketplace, go to dropsuit section, select scout section. Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Go to Bordersdown to talk about my experience so far while the dropsuits hopefully load.

Nothing loads, remember how much I LOVE beta testing, turn it off and go to bed.

Good luck to the rest of you, I'll try again tomorrow.

I have echo your comments. A very frustrating experience indeed, there's absolutely no hand holding, its like traditional hardcore RPGs in that sense. To top it all when you finally get a game it's like a throwback. Laggy, wooly aiming, dreadful graphics and uninspired gameplay. I'll give it another try in the future but at the moment it's a total mess.

Comment

Okay so I managed a couple of games last night.

It's like Unreal Tournament never happened. Games are supposed to get better people, not worse. Weapons feel light and useless, aiming isn't too bad, controls are okay.

Is this going to be freemium?

Comment

I'd like to share my thoughts on the gameplay in this... but I can't. 3 times the 2GB download failed on this and was running uber slow which frustrated as I'd previously been on Counter Strike so I know the connection was fine. I eventually get in after hours and there's tons of pointless menu's and screens to get through. I create my generic looking character and then it says the 2GB installed data is corrupt meaning I'll have to do it all again. What tripe.

Comment

Got to finally play it, I think this is going to be a free-to-play title, and even despite that I won't bother. That's how truly awful a game it is. What a waste of Sony's resources.

Comment

Yeah I deleted it off my PS3 without bothering to play it again. Life it too short.

Comment

Working...
            X