Retro/Grade PSN review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro/Grade PSN review

Available now on PSN for ?7.99 standalone, soundtrack bundle for ?10.99 OR free if your a PS+ subscriber.
    Thought I would have a quick look at it but being a rhythm game (compatible with ps3 guitar) I ended up on it for a bit trying to get a perfect score on X-treme difficulty.
    You play Rick Rocket and in the beginning you have just defeated the bad guys and unfortunately caused a temporal anomaly reversing the flow of time. So you play the game having to undo your actions, in reverse.
    Basically your bullets come back at you all specific colours, depending on lane you are in, you press in time with music, un-destroying the enemies whilst avoiding enemy fire, in reverse!
    Luckily there is a demo to try and if you have PS+ just get it.
    There are 6 difficulty levels on campaign (Beginner,Casual,Mediumcore,Pro,Tough and X-Treme) comprising of 10 levels.
    To add some extra fun there is an additional Challenge mode, where you play same campaign levels but with specific rules and of course, challenges!
    Think of the difficulty levels like Rock Band/GH, higher you go the more channels you have to navigate and colours to combat against.
    Music is really good too, very catchy.
    Basically if you like rhythm games this it's a must.
    Let the video show you!
    Last edited by Family Fry; 23-08-2012, 01:24.

Gave it a quick go and will do more tonight but first impressions after reading some of the positive reviews is it's fuss about nothing. Nice for some peeps to dig out their Guitar Hero peripheral again from the cupboard and I can't complain too much as I got it free but there's nothing special to it. What first sounded like an intriguing concept with the reverse shooter/time theme soon reveals itself to be nothing but visual fluff with no bearing on what is a simple Guitar Hero copy. Okay for a bit but wouldn't want to have paid for it.

Comment

This is ace it's not just a simple guitar hero clone you have stuff coming from both directions (enemy fire to avoid and your fire to hoover up) so it gets pretty frantic. just played it all the way through with a pad now where's that guitar. And it needs to be played on something that can pump out the bass as the soundtrack is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        Gave it a quick go and will do more tonight but first impressions after reading some of the positive reviews is it's fuss about nothing. Nice for some peeps to dig out their Guitar Hero peripheral again from the cupboard and I can't complain too much as I got it free but there's nothing special to it. What first sounded like an intriguing concept with the reverse shooter/time theme soon reveals itself to be nothing but visual fluff with no bearing on what is a simple Guitar Hero copy. Okay for a bit but wouldn't want to have paid for it.
        Glad I'm not the only person thinking this.

I was expecting some clever backwards gameplay or something and it's simply a rhythm action game with pretty graphics.

Comment

I gave it 10 mins thought it was cack myself, glad it was free was psn+

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            Feel the same.
            Amazingly unremarkable considering.

Comment

Can't believe theirs no love for this it's got a fantastic soundtrack and some great visual effects, and I found it to be an intresting twist on an old theme. It has a lot of detail too I love the way the buildings pulsate like a graphic equaliser in the background on some levels and the way the bosses have different attacks mixing up the gameplay quite a bit.

Comment

I also can't believe the L.O.L (Lack of Love)
                It's a rhythm game with a slightly different way of playing, I really don't know what people were expecting.
                It looks as good as it can be for a game developed by a small ream the and music is high quality too.
                Been playing this on X-treme and level 6 is thrashing me, bullet patterns get extremely fast moving and very tight, really need to be spot on. Haven't unlocked a single trophy yet

Comment

Working...
                X