No announcement yet.

Mario & Luigi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm playing it right now and I'm loving it - there's soooooo much to do and like everyone else has said, there's plenty of sly digs and self-referencial humour in it (like no-one knowing who Luigi is, because he's never the star of the show).

It's quite long too - I'm over 12 hours in and I'm only here:

Originally posted by spoiler
    Fighting against a giant crustacean in an attempt to retrieve the first of the four broken BeanStar pieces
    Considering this quest becomes quite apparent rather early on in the game, the fact that I've only just been given it to do is kinda cool.

Plus the Bros moves are really great in battle - particularly the Advanced ones that allow you to dish out a world of pain on your opponent if you can time the button presses just right.

Comment

Could someone post a few screenies? Everyones saying how great this is, but i've seen no shots!

Finally, a recent game with Mario AND Luigi in.

Comment

grgkldrhklaehfklreh

Comment

is this like the old snes mario rpg!
          No, that was mediocre. This is great.

and dare i say it, the best Mario game Nintendo ever did (well, Alphadream technically).
          But not that great.

Be real.

Comment

Originally posted by Manta Ray vs Guitar
            grgkldrhklaehfklreh

Comment

Was the storyline reported on gamesradar a while back accurate (Peach has had her voicebox replaced with explosives ), or just a horribly poor translation of a press statement? It just didn't seem... right, though it was extremely funny.

Comment

well the trailers show explosions coming from her mouth, so it appears to be true...

Comment

Originally posted by overlord uk
                  Was the storyline reported on gamesradar a while back accurate: (Peach has had her voicebox replaced with explosives)
                  Oh dear god! I have to buy this game, just to see how that works.

That has to be the best plot ever!

Tag line: "Mario and Luigi, plumbers by day, bomb disposal experts by night!"

Comment

Edit after double post.

Comment

Indeed, the story line does revolve around Princess Peach's voice being turned into explosives.

Bowser refuses to kidnap her in such a lethal state, so he and the Bros. go off on a hunt for her voice.

And so the story begins...

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                        Indeed, the story line does revolve around Princess Peach's voice being turned into explosives.

Bowser refuses to kidnap her in such a lethal state, so he and the Bros. go off on a hunt for her voice.
                        Why are the Mario Brothers helping him kidnap her?

Comment

They aren't. Well, not directly. See Mario has no choice but...

Hey, you'll see for yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
                            Originally posted by Burai

Why are the Mario Brothers helping him kidnap her?
                            Peach's voice is just one small part of the evil plan that
                            Cacklette (the evil witch replacing Bowser as the main baddie... well, for the most part
                            has in store for Mario and Luigi.
                            Indeed, it's the 'bread in her plan sandwich'... that made me laugh when the evil sidekick said it. Particularly as it turns out that Mario and Luigi have their arses kicked by her is the delicious mustard.

Comment

I have to play this game soon

Comment

Another vote here, only an hour in, but its charming, and actually feels NEW!

I wish all GBA Mario games felt like this!

I think its hilarious how (SPOILER)
                                No one knows who the hell Luigi is!

Comment

Working...
                                X