Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm.

Originally posted by spoiler
    I'm not exactly sure what the trigger is, but at some point when you come back to the bridge it's been fixed. I had that conversation ("Come back later") after I'd already been to all the screens that aren't blocked off and spoken to all the villagers in them - remember to include the ones in the houses - so all I did was walk off the screen and straight back on to it. When it flipped back the bridge was ready for use.

Comment

Same happened to me and stumped me for ages

just walk about a bit and come back, I went back to the hammer bros , back up to the kooper and back to the bridge then it appeared.

Comment

My copy arrived today, I love it after a few hours play.
        Reminds me of the happy hours I spent on Paper Mario and Mario RPG.

The game is new and fresh, maybe my favourite game of the year on any format. The in-jokes, the graphics and the sheer innovation in the ideas has put a big smile on my face many times whilst playing.
        It's just so fun, exactly what playing games should be about.

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
          My copy arrived today, I love it after a few hours play.
          Reminds me of the happy hours I spent on Paper Mario and Mario RPG.

The game is new and fresh, maybe my favourite game of the year on any format. The in-jokes, the graphics and the sheer innovation in the ideas has put a big smile on my face many times whilst playing.
          It's just so fun, exactly what playing games should be about.
          Sounds more like what Nintendo games are usually about...

Comment

Superb game, got my copy on Saturday and haven't stopped playing it since

Comment

To think, I ignored this thread because I assumed this was a 2D Mario remake!

I've since read this and decided to pick up the game on Saturday...

Wow. I love it. As someone else said, it's also the first RPG I've played in which random encounters are actually fun! That in itself is genius.

.It's also laugh-out-loud funny in places and the translation is spot-on.

Comment

just got this on the way home tonight.
                1 hour in and i'm loving it. great presentation and humour. i have a long train journey tomorrow but i'm sure it'll fly by. just need my Q gameboy player now to complete my happines.

Comment

Superb game, highly recommended.

I'm just over 6 hours into it now and have reached the
                  Woohoo Hooniversity
                  A little bit stuck to be honest, though I'm sure I'll find my way

I love the way Mario\Luigi keep falling over when people say really stupid things, makes me laugh every time!

Comment

Originally posted by boybrown
                    just got this on the way home tonight.
                    1 hour in and i'm loving it. great presentation and humour. i have a long train journey tomorrow but i'm sure it'll fly by. just need my Q gameboy player now to complete my happines.
                    Just got home to find out my Q gba player has shipped!! I thought there was a 3 month waiting list or something. A great christmas ahead. mario Kart, POP & M&L on the big screen.

Comment

This game is suuuperb. It reminds me of Zelda on the SNES. The same thought process is required and the puzzles are reminiscent of the dungeons in the aforementioned title. One of the game's of the year in my opinion.

Big smiles!

Comment

Yep, really loving it so far. I'm 10 hours in and up to

going into Teehee Valley
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm buying this at dinner time - it'd better be good.

This was the one and only convincing point...

Originally posted by Jason
                          This game is suuuperb. It reminds me of Zelda on the SNES. The same thought process is required and the puzzles are reminiscent of the dungeons in the aforementioned title.
                          I've gone and left my blasted GBA at home though haven't I. It's a good job I'm going home early today.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                            I'm buying this at dinner time - it'd better be good.

This was the one and only convincing point...

Originally posted by Jason
                            This game is suuuperb. It reminds me of Zelda on the SNES. The same thought process is required and the puzzles are reminiscent of the dungeons in the aforementioned title.
                            I've gone and left my blasted GBA at home though haven't I. It's a good job I'm going home early today.
                            i brought my GBA to work.. and i'm gonna buy this game to play on the flights i've got coming up in 2 weeks. will i be able to resist playing it til then?!

Comment

If you liked "Paper Mario" David, then this will be right up your street. It's engaging, fun, humourous with plenty of injokes and subtly for long time Nintendo fans...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                                If you liked "Paper Mario" David, then this will be right up your street. It's engaging, fun, humourous with plenty of injokes and subtly for long time Nintendo fans...
                                Funnily enough, I just picked up a sealed US Paper Mario a couple of weeks ago but haven't fully played it yet thanks to my flickering RGB N64.

I now hold M+L in my hands without my GBA and have read the manual through twice. I like the 'stache' system. Very niche.

Gonna go to bed early with my SP as I've been up for 24hrs now. CvS2 practice tomorrow though.

Comment

Working...
                                X