No announcement yet.

Mario & Luigi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario and Luigi is a fantastic game and I have enjoyed it throughout.
    I'm very close to completing it and think it's far superior to both Golden Suns (I've completed both of them with all the Djinns).

I love all the little injokes and the appearance of Prof E Gaad in the coffee shop. Throughout it has made me smile at all the little answers to the puzzles and scenarios the brothers find themselves in. Favourite must be my surfboard The bit where everybody ignores Luigi for the more famous Mario was nice too.

To me it is a nice addition to the series, both of which I loved as well.
    'Tis a quality game.

Near end of game spoiler
    Originally posted by spoiler
    Loved it when Luigi tricked Cackletta by dressing up as Peach. LOL when they saw his moustcahe and realised and then he parachuted out on what looked like his Princess Peach disguise. Class.

Comment

I had wanted to purchase this for sometime now, but was always turned away by those disgusting store prices. I am too tight to pay ?30?

But today was different? I left for home a little earlier as I was feeling pretty pants and while waiting for the bus I decided, ?stuff it. I?m gonna get it? Off to MVC I went, and bought the little blighter.

I?ve spent around 2hours 50mins on it so far, and am enjoying it a great deal. It hasn?t quite absorbed me fully yet, say, as much as Links To The Past has over the last few weeks, but that is obviously due to the amount of time spent on it. I can feel that the adventure is only just begun?

I love what Nintendo have done with the style and overall humorous (and chilled out) feel to the game. There is a charm here that cannot help but to make me smile. For that I am grateful.

I am a hater of turn-base battles and real-time scenarios etc etc, so enjoying what Mario and Luigi has to offer is a blessing. Very much like Pikmin for the strategy genre, I feel that this is another example of Nintendo showing they truly have a deep and surreal understanding of making fun and enjoyable games.

The animation is very impressive. Everything seems wonderfully crafted. However the detail on the main characters themselves is quite incredible. The one moment that done it for me (so far) was when Luigi died during battle and then Mario calls out to his fallen brother. Mario then puts luigi's arm around his shoulder for support so no further damage can come to him while he is down. Then, when it is once again Mario?s turn for battle, you can select a 1up Mushroom to restore Luigi?s health. Mario runs to Luigi, chucks the refreshment in his mouth, and then Luigi stands and thanks his brother. They both then cheer and continue to battle. Fantastic. Amazingly subtle yet with a great number of elements to it. A contradiction in its self, but it works perfectly.

I think, overall, this simple yet surprisingly deep feel to the game is what has shocked me the most. I seem to take everything in my stride while playing, yet there are so many factors to consider and respond to. I think this sense of "easy going" is a testament to the game's brilliance.

That probably doesn't make a great deal of sense, heh, but i know what i mean

Off to get another hour or two on this now. Hurrah
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Yep, the animation is fantastic. Especially like the little hat-wiggle they both perform at the end of the sequence you described. Luigi in particular does loads of funny stuff, usually in the background of scripted sequences.

One of my favourite moments so far:

Just before the university battle - Luigi pirouettes up to Cackletta's little 'fink rat' guy, and *thok* hammers him into the ground. For some reason that cracked me up every time.

It's followed by a victory arm thrust, a cheesy beam, and a hilarious Luigi "EEEEEE!" sound effect. For some reason it's perfect.

Luigi is easily my favourite Bro now. Definately funnier.

Comment

Adam Stone. Don't pay ?30 for a GBA game mate.
          Tronix do most of their GBA games for $30 or less, about ?16. Buy a few and use the cheapest shipping method and you will save loads. They are a quality site and will maek parcels down for you if you ask.

Comment

It sounds silly... but the little dance mario and especially luigi do in battle mode along with that cheesy music makes me laugh every time!

The game just cracks me up in general! Haven't been so sucked in my a 2D RPG since Link to the Past.

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
              Adam Stone. Don't pay ?30 for a GBA game mate.
              Tronix do most of their GBA games for $30 or less, about ?16. Buy a few and use the cheapest shipping method and you will save loads. They are a quality site and will maek parcels down for you if you ask.
              Thank you for the tip Mr Bowser, most appreciated. It isn?t often that I buy GBA games (only bought 2, heh) so I suppose I don?t really begrudge it too much. But I shall most definitely check that site out. I?m guaranteed to buy Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission soon ish, so shall keep it in mind. Thanks again

I?ve just played for another couple of hours (just over 4hours now), and have been having a great deal of fun getting used to me new hammer and ?pluming? skills. It is definitely a game that grows on you over time, I think I have reached the time limit when everything just seems to ?click.? I can now see why it has impressed so many people to the extent it has, most definitely has impressed me.

I don?t actually want to sleep now tbh, want to carry on. Sadly though, if I don?t get my beauty sleep tonight, I will have the world?s biggest bags tomorrow. Heh.

Oh, a funny moment of the top of my head, the talk with the two gaurds just before entering the castle (the one in the center of the map, with all the villagers and homes destroyed) was classic. The continues joke of knowing they are the Mario Bros by that 'special jump' keeps making me laugh. heh. Ah, what the hay, sleep can wait. Another hour or so wont hurt
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I've said this before, but I want to see a GC Mario game with that sort of humour and charm. IMO, SMS is souless compared to M+L.

Comment

Spot on Tig.
                  Although Sunshine is good, to me it's almost as if it wasn't made by Nintendo. It seems to lack the humour and vibrancy you are talking about which the best Nintendo games have. Funny thing is that M+L isn't even a Nintendo game, they only published it. It's the 2nd Party AlphaDream who made the game.

Saying that, with the exception of Made In Wario and Hamtaro, I can't think of any decent GBA games by Nintendo of late. All the best stuff like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, etc have come from 2nd and 3rd party developers.

Back on topic, I'm right up to the very end of the game.
                  I'm fighting the bosses just before the end of game boss. My question is after I have beaten the last boss does the game save before the boss so I can get anything I've missed in the game, or does it save after the last boss meaning I can't do anything except start a new save file?

Comment

I like Luigi's theatric raised arm finger click when he does his lightning move. I also like how mario looks with a belly full of water. Made me laugh the first time. That and the jump noise he makes when shrunk.

I'm stuck though. Please help me someone.

I've got the last beanstar piece and have to go to the beach. The beach is blocked by a black boulder and my hammers aren't strong enough.

The Hammer Bros aren't in their mountain home. Where the hell do I find them!? They could be anywhere!
                    [/quote]

Comment

Ady- You only get that hammer after you have all 4 of the pieces that you are collecting...

(If you want I can list where the other 3 pieces are)

Comment

For Ady...

They are in the same place you got the first hammer upgrade from.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
                          Ady- You only get that hammer after you have all 4 of the pieces that you are collecting...

(If you want I can list where the other 3 pieces are)
                          Uh.. I got all those (like I said).

I'll try Mayhem's suggestion aagin, even though I already went there and nobody was around...

(first place I went in fact)

Comment

Sorry Ady, misread your post.
                            You want:

Head out of the east bridge of Beanbean City and north a screen, go through the gate you opened earlier that leads to the Hammer-Head Bros. cave. They will reforge your hammers into the final form.

Comment

Took the old GBA on holiday with only this to play, 22 hours of playing later and the sucker is finished and i can't remember the last time i smiled so much during a game...
                              The final Boss however, well for those of you who aren't there yet that battle was a long drawn out tense affair that took me several tries.

Fantastic game overall though

luigi rules

He is the one doing a LOT of the work during the game and no one in it knows who he is! Plus the feeling of genuine LOVE between the brothers themselves is quite touching in many places already mentioned.

I HAVE FURY!

too classic for words....

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
                                The final Boss however, well for those of you who aren't there yet that battle was a long drawn out tense affair that took me several tries.
                                Or in my case, all of 5 minutes

But then again all battling is greatly helped by

gaining the Great Power badge from E.Gadd for the fourth coffee combination you try. Double the damage to enemies? I'd buy that for a dollar
                                Over on the YakYak boards I've got a certain person from the game as my avatar and the quote "I have fear" sitting below
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X