No announcement yet.

Double Dragon Neon (XBOX LIVE ARCADE) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beacuse that's the way it's meant to be Fantastic game ! Actually, the graphics don't really bother me and I love the voice acting but saying that if it was the same voice acting in a serious game I'd be well pissed off. Double Dragon Neon is pure cheese all the way and as you said, that's why it's so good.

Comment

Played a level or two on this after getting it for free through PSN+. I love the voice of the boss who is blatantly a Skeletor piss take. It's like one big love letter to the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa View Post
        Played a level or two on this after getting it for free through PSN+. I love the voice of the boss who is blatantly a Skeletor piss take. It's like one big love letter to the 80s.

I really want to give this a 9/10 just because it's pure bollocks and a proper homage to every gamer aged between 25-35. That track from stage two has been rammed in my head all day as well.

I think this may actually be the best thing ever on PSN!!! Maybe even worth the ?30 for PS+!!!

Comment

I felt like I should buy the soundtrack even though I could have just stolen it. I feel better for doing so. Awesome game, I think the IGN score will go down in history as another one of there many laughable reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
            I think the IGN score will go down in history as another one of there many laughable reviews.
            How anyone could give this a 3/10 is beyond me.

If the reviewer can't see that it's 100% tongue in cheek then he's a ****ing retard. Everything about the game is so cheesy & camp it's ridiculous. From the 'skeletor 101' villain, to the over use of synths on the OST, this is everything that was good about that era. Hell, even the name is a pretty ****ing obvious giveaway.

Sat here listening to the OST while the other half is having serious dioubts.....

Comment

the game annoys me

some levels are tiny and you can buy extra lives and others are huge where you cant buy anything

bah!!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                a proper homage to every gamer aged between 25-35.
                Hey, what about me? I'm 36 soon to be 37 next month

I can't believe the idiots at IGN only gave this a 3. It's easily an 8 or even 9. I'm loving this game and so does my 5 year old son. He has no idea who Skullmageddon is meant to be but even he thinks this character is funny. We played a two player right the way through and finished it yesterday. I'm personally on to the Double Dragon level setting now. Man, that is hard.

Comment

lol its no way near a 8 or 9 out of 10

i agreed with the comment its so bad its good, but its good because its good, no way

its funny in places and so far its enjoyable and for free i guess i cant complain probably a 5 for me

Comment

Just completed this.

BEST. ENDING. EVER!!

Don't want to go into too much detail, but it's absolutely HILARIOUS! Would be worth buying it for if it wasn't free on PS+

Comment

It's good fun - but very averagely so in my opinion. That's not a bad thing by any means, but certainly not great either. I played some Streests of Rage 2 after a long session with this to remind me how good this type of game used to be / can be.

Definitely good fun but nothing special :-)
                      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Downloaded this last night for ps+ as stated free I'm game for a laugh

Comment

when i get some points i will get this love the soundtrack to...agree on how wrong ign were with there review (they gave godhand 3 our of 10 aswell and that got me annoyed)
                          Last edited by eastyy; 01-10-2012, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                            lol its no way near a 8 or 9 out of 10

i agreed with the comment its so bad its good, but its good because its good, no way

its funny in places and so far its enjoyable and for free i guess i cant complain probably a 5 for me
                            Does it matter? Do you enjoy the game? If yes then it doesn't matter why you enjoy it. The point is that you are enjoying it. That's how I see it, anyway.

Comment

it kinda does because once the 80's feel has worn off people will realise that its a pretty shallow fighter and not that much to it

games that were released in the 80's like turtles are much better than this, the addition of tapes and mythril doesnt add to what is a linear experience, but because its free its turning into a popular game

if everyone had paid ?7.99 for this i reckon the thread would be completely different

Comment

Wasn't free for me or any 360 owner come to think about it. 800 points is one luch time meal for me so not such a biggie.

Comment

Working...
                                X