WWE 13 (Ps3/360) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWE 13 (Ps3/360) review

This is my first wrestling game since Giant Gram. I thought they always sucked since the end of the Dreamcast era.

I mainly bought WWE 13 because of the Attitude Era gimmick. That was the time I played the games and followed it. And I didn't regret it so far. Attitude Era mode is really, really good. It has tons of footage from those years (1997-99), and you can play the matches out like they originally did for unlocks. Yes, the Hell in a Cell with Kane Tombstoning Undertaker is in, as well as the Montreal Screwjob and Mike Tyson screwing D-X over. I was in heaven for a moment when I saw it being replayed via in-game viuals, and actually playing it myself. Its easily the most fun mode I played in a wrestling game.

Graphics take some getting used to, but the game is 60fps. Certain special moves look epic, crowd looks good and atmospheric. Gameplay is very well done, and the AI isn't all that cheap either.

I haven't tackled Universe mode or anything else yet. Attitude Era is just too damn fun.
Working...
X