F1 Race Stars Demo - XBOX 360 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 Race Stars Demo - XBOX 360 review

Just downloaded this and had a quick blast on UK PAL 360 (364MB)

Codemasters have created an F1 Mario Kart using the F1 licence. So all the real drivers and teams are in the game. In the demo there is only 1 track (Germany) and you can choose from a few drivers, I chose Jenson Button. There are three engine classes to choose from , 1000cc, 2000cc and 3000cc. Graphice are cartoony and work really well. Gameplay has power ups like MK and on-line play will available in the full price game (out next week in UK and USA).

I completed three races using 3000c so far and am enjoying it. The demo is limited to two laps and gives a good opportunity to get a feel for the game. There are some hidden items which will be of use in the full game no doubt. Some of the power ups include a safety car and rain which are good fun and useful

Overall I think it could be a winner especially with on line play. No doubt many F1 fans (like me) will pick this up and take great pleasure beating Mr Vettell!

Looks great with some good track design too, runs pretty well.

The best game ever for racing fans about 8 years and under. It uses two buttons and doesn't drift at all, so it shouldn't bother anyone over the age of 8 as it lacks depth.

Comment

Please please please let the Vita version be 60fps, could be the perfect portable title.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
        The best game ever for racing fans about 8 years and under.
        Yippee I am younger than I thought ! (by 46 years..)

Comment

+60fps
          +Fun characters
          +Some nice visual effects, rain was cool
          +Smart track

-Crap powerups
          -No depth to gameplay, just slipstreaming
          -Poor sound
          -Only 11 tracks in full game

Feels like it should be ?19.99.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post

Feels like it should be ?19.99.
            It will be in a week or 2!! Then I will pick it up purely to grief Lewis Hamilton!! I have an irrational hatred of him!!

Comment

Hmm I had high hopes for this one. I havent sampled the demo but I think I might just wait for the final reviews and as you say it'll probably drop in price significantly over the Xmas period.

Might be a nice new year title once the rest of the Xmas deluge has been sampled.

Comment

the highlight of the mechanics of this is slipsteaming there is no way to get turbo by drifting or anything the game is ment to a balls to the wall kart game but it just plays like a semi realeastic racer with power ups dross. Most of my enjoyment in kart racing games and arcade racing games is time trial most of these type of games have tons of mechanics to maximise time trial times but in this is wont it will just be accelerate and break fun ?

Comment

Working...
                X