Devil may cry demo review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil may cry demo review

i actually really enjoyed it the combat is fluid with switching between weapons very easy using the trigger.The whole look of the game i am still not sure about though the atmosphere reminded me a little of devil may cry 2 but plays far better.

I really hope the full game adds more combat mechanics

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
    I really hope the full game adds more combat mechanics
    Of course it will, you can be rest assured of that.

Colour me impressed. I knew i'd eat my hat.
    Not once did the so called '30 fps' oh noes it's not DMC come into my mind (we'll see of course if later graphically taxing stages in the full retail will have some say in that) so those fanboys, please zip it.

It's seems to play pretty solid, as there's more button modifiers for moves now (L trigger/ R trigger) which can be quite hard to remember which specific combos you want to go for in the heat of the battle.

Buy it Now option for me please.

Comment

I thought it was very good indeed. Loads of imagination and a kick up the arse. Its trying to outdo Bayonetta and really coming close!

Only my loathing of 3D boss battles could tame my appreciation! But yeah I'd buy this at some point.

Its Unreal Engine (no wait, yes I thought the same, come back!) so I don't know how this is going to run on the PS3 that well.

Comment

I really enjoyed it as well. Like the style and speed of combat. Too many cutscenes though.

Comment

Is Andy Serkis providing motion capture?

Comment

^ I'd like to know this too. The man's a clunge.

Comment

Don't think he's involved.

Comment

Demo was ok, music was awful though. It's not a day one purchase I'll be waiting till it's ?20 or lower.

Comment

30fps might be fine but I'll wait for the 60fps PC version. Capcom's usual PC port buddies are doing the port so it should be good. Plenty to play til then.

Comment

Brilliant demo, great fun but the music is really bad. I have not played a DMC game in years, but boy i must be getting old because all this button mashing doesnt half make my hands ache it just maybe i have not played any button mashers for good while. My hands never used to ache when i played the first DMC on the PlayStation for the first time

Comment

Sounds like I should get this downloaded when I get home. Glad it's sounding good across the board, putting those initial niggles to rest quickly.

Comment

This is very good. I played DMC HD like 3 weeks ago and I think the camera, controls and art direction of DmC is better. The only thing thats not there is the challenge. But it might be there in the full version.

Comment

I was surprised how good this is, grabbed me from the start of the demo and was enjoyable throughout. Well done Ninja Theory... Well done (so far) I have preordered so hopefully the quality will be as good as the demo

Comment

Is it as linear as people are shouting?

Comment

Very hard to tell the demo is only a tutorial level which is linear and a boss battle

Comment

Working...
                              X