Epic Mickey: Power of illusion review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Mickey: Power of illusion review

Was looking forward to this, but after lackluster reviews, all saying the same things, i was a bit put off.

However, while it is short, i am glad i gave it a go. As a fan of the original on the Mega Drive, have been waiting years for a sequel, while it does not hit the heights of the Mega Drive version, it is a good game in its own right.

The games story takes a lend from the MD game, trapping various Disney characters in the Castle of Illusion and it is Mickeys job to find and set them free.

Graphically this game is great, the backdrops are rich and deep and the game looks even better with the slider up, it is easy to get lost in the graphics.

The sound in the game is a bit generic, not really featuring any voices from the characters and forgettable tunes.

The gameplay is quite a standard platforming affair, but it just has something that is appealing, which i can't put my finger on. I have just finished the first world and so far the puzzles have not had much imagination, just a bit of erasing or putting a block where you can't quite make a jump.

Just from the pace in which the story has developed, i can tell this is going to be a very short game, 4 levels in i have already found and rescued a good percentage of the missing characters.

My advice would be to pick this up when the price drops as ?30 is a bit on the high side from my experience so far
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Thanks for the heads-up, I've been wanting this ever since they announced it was a follow up to castle of illusion. Can't justify spending ?30 on it if it's really short, but will defo be picking it and it's console big brother up when they are cheaper.

Comment

Yeah i finished the game in 3 sittings. However that does not make it a bad game just a short one. Just as the game is starting to get going and introduce some harder platforming and puzzles its over

Comment

Working...
      X