Prince Of Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ
    That crazy rag games? said there weren't any unlockables or features, which is a bit of a blooper isn't it? You get the original PoP (1 or 2 depedent on console) plus an old level remade in 3D, right? Or along with PS2's Euro exlusivity with this title, does it also feature none of the extras that GC and Xbox versions have?
    I think the Euro PS2 version misses out on the 'making of' feature, so it is possible it lacks the first two games also.

Maybe the PAL market gets Prince 3D as a "bonus"?
    Or Ubisoft will stick it in the Xbox and GC version as an incentive to buy those. But obviously the GC will require some GBA link up presumably.

Comment

Didn't it come out on GC in the US yesterday??

Comment

Yep.

Link

Damn you november why are you so expensive....

Comment

I haven't used my Xbox in ages, so I think I may go for that version. Am I right in thinking it's out now in the US?

Comment

it is indeed - in fact it was released today !

meh link not linking to the game

Comment

Got this yesterday, and i must say... It was quite a suprise since i haven't read much into this game, or seen many screens.

The first few sections of the game are typically Indiana Jones-esque. Also the Fluidity of the Prince's movement and versatility is pleasing.
              Battles are pretty fun as well. Damn tough later on.

Apparantly, the 'remade 3D 1st stage of Prince of Persia' is in the game. Ubisoft have yet to reveal the code... apparantly.

I'm about 35% or so through, and i've encountered a couple of glitches thus far...

Originally posted by spoiler
              In the sub chapter "There's something glowing up there"
              After you have received the second sword and bashed the wall in the 'main baths to preceed to the next section, Farah should go through the crack, but she didn't. A reload later and it's all fine.

Another one was after the Soldiers Mess hall, after you've released the ladder and Farah has gone up the ladder. Then you make your way up the winding stairs and suddenly she just drops dead.
              No enemies or anything, since i've cleared that area of them.

Comment

Anyone played the GC version at all? I am tempted, but not sure how it shapes upto the XBOX and PS2 versions.

Comment

I've not played the Cube version but i'm 70% into the xbox version and loving it. It's a fairly easy game and i can see everyone finishing it in around 8 hours. But the further you get into the game the better it gets. There are moments like from the original when you're just jumping, swinging and running from one section to another with aerobatic grace and fluidity. Hats off to the designers as there are some well thought out levels. The grx are just beautiful as well, often I?ve found myself just pausing and admiring the views. Shame it's going to be all over soon. "Pop"corn gaming at it's best

Comment

I'm really looking forward to getting this for the PS2 when I get home.

I like the idea of the kind of joyous inertia you get from Mario melded with cool/epic puzzles.

Even the combat sounds cool.

Mesa excited.

Comment

Well from the positive comments in this thread and from what I can think it'll be like, I went out and bought the game today . But err, unfortunately I don't have a stepdown for my PS2 at the moment so I can't play it . Hehe, so it's sitting on my bookcase and every time I look at it I feel the urge to play it rising.

Cruel.

Comment

If you do have the luxury of choice don't get the PS2 version. It has slowdown which affects the flow of the game (mainly combat).
                        Get GC or Xbox.

This 'exclusive on Euro PS2 scam' is ridiculous too.

Comment

Well impressed with this. It shines both graphically and gameplay wise. The control is so slick that any mistakes you make are usually your fault and not the games.

As has been said when you start pulling off loads of slick moves and getting results it feels mighty fine. The stylised combat too is great fun with some really acrobatic cartwheels and flips plus some great little insert cinematics that in no way slow down the pace but add a great filmic sense of achievement.

The time control is an essential part of this game and a great evolution of the platformer; no throwing the controller down in abject frustration after a deadly fall, just do a Craig David and re-re wind and try again.

For me it's playing like ICO on amphetamines

Comment

Ive just obtained the Dagger to allow for the ability to rewind time, a quite stunning effect I must say. So far Im extremely impressed by this, the movement of the central character is so graceful, and is becoming more and more intuitive all the time. Of course the most initial striking element of the game has to be the slow-motion effects which are quite breathtaking. Backed by what appears to be an interesting storyline and charecters this looks promising to me. I dont recall playing any POP games prior to this one, and am loving the Indian setting which is quite different to the usual landscapes Im used to seeing. The camera so far hasnt presented many problems to me, but Id imagine over time there will be areas where it might struggle, Id also like the ability to shift the camera 180 degrees at a flick. Combat seems ok so far, and Id expect to see this improve somewhat as new abilities are learnt. So far, very good indeed.

Comment

Is it exclusive on the PS2 for a limited time, or permanently?

Comment

Got the xbox version and [cheesey mcdonalds ad music] Im lovin it [/cheesey mcdonalds ad music]

Im about 15% in and it just oozes quality. From the instant I picked up the controller I knew itwas a good ame. Everything is so intuitive. I initially found comabt hard especially when.....

Originally posted by minor spoiler
                                you have to defend farah(sp?) and kill your zombie father, I kept wailing into them one at a time and totaly forgot about the multi enemy attack (push left and Attack) where you hit one, jump across to the next and hit him, then continually bounce around them all so none get a chance to hit you. Before I kept getting hit in the back whilst attacking another
                                And im surprised nobody has mentioned the loading times. Actually im not because you probably havent noticed them because they are blended into the game so superbly! That was a great relief having just finished Broken Sword 3!

Comment

Working...
                                X