No announcement yet.

Prince Of Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game is really ICOing it up athe moment. The similiarity between the games is quite noticeable, from the Yordaish sidekick that follows you round to some of the spectacular outdoor vistas of the castle that really, with a change of pallette, be straight from the horned boys world.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
      Id also like the ability to shift the camera 180 degrees at a flick.
      click the right analog button it does near enough what you want.

Originally posted by Rabasaurus
      And im surprised nobody has mentioned the loading times. Actually im not because you probably havent noticed them because they are blended into the game so superbly! That was a great relief having just finished Broken Sword 3!
      'its the things you don't notice' to quote edge.

Comment

finished this last night - (xbox)

and i have to say that it was pure bliss from start to finish, no camera problems, super animation, great visuals, level design great too, if i had to be picky then.........
        Originally posted by spoiler
        perhaps the end boss wern't all that.
        the whole story is very well told and the ending is both clever and surprising.
        The more i progressed through the game the more i saw ICO in it too - and not in a blatent rip off kind of way, some of the levels really are fantastic, one springing to mind is the hall of learning, massive room, and superb lighting.
        Very very impressed, highly polished enjoyable game

Comment

I'm not sold on the character design of the Prince himself. I was expecting the more traditional "Thief of Bahgdad" appearance of the original games, and his facial features look a bit "odd" to me. Probably just used to Japanese character design *shrugs*.

Apart from that though, it's a great game. The scenery graphics are very nice, and the draw distance is vast. Very nice spot effects like the sunlight saturating around the buildings, and the water. The ICO comparisons are definitely there in terms of scale, but I feel SONY's game has a slightly more etherial quality to it, whereas Prince of Persia is more of an action rush. The gameplay in this is very enjoyable though. Does the original game proud.

Comment

The final boss is laughable. The platforming that comes before him however is some of the best I've ever had the pleasure to play. I'm willing to take the rough with the smooth.

Comment

Completed this earlier on Sunday afternoon...
              I've got to agree with comments regarding the last boss, in that is not a memorable fight to say the least. I've had regular battles that were harder.

Also i feel, that the little previews (when using the save point) do make it a little easier guessing the puzzles ahead. It's Mainly the 'button timing/ which type of skill you need to use for this situation' type puzzles. There are too many save points as well. But that's just me

On what Vaipon mentioned about not being too impressed by the character design of the Prince. I had a wry smile when i first saw, and heard him speak. As in the old 'Adventures of Sinbad' films they got an English/ American actor to play the role of Sinbad, and numerous other occasions where films re-telling stories from the middle-east casted an English actor. I felt this Prince character fits that oddity.
              Either that, or UbiSoft not not have an ethinic enough looking character at the drawing board stage.
              For some reason he reminds me of Guybrush Threepwood.

Now again on my second play through, i'm still enjoying the game and re-doing the puzzles, trying to find more health bar extenders/ sand timer extenders. I've figured out how to dispose of certain enemies with less attacks. Although i still need to get PoP2 unlocked.

So far i've encountered a few more glitches... spoilers below.

During the 'Hall of Learning', after i've saved - unfortunately Farah was near the spike pit that's near the save point and everytime i got out of the save screen, she would lower herself into the spike pit all the time. Even after pressing 'Retry'.
              One reset of the console later, and her start position was different, so no more infinite Farah deaths.

Around the 33% mark after you have got the 'wall breaker' sword, if you do a little bit of back-tracking to the first small baths section and maybe a little bit before that, somehow the game ends (it brings up the 'retry/ quit' screen) except you are still alive. I guess Farah jumps into a spike pit or something.

In the fight in which you fight your father... I went to get a drink to replenish some health. The camera swung behind the windows and the screen went black (i could not move the camera or do anything) but i could still hear the sound effects.
              Eventually i died and retried again... Then when it reloaded the cutscene before the fight, Farah was a polygon mess with smudged/ stretched graphics. One console reset later, and everything was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by the shape
                That crazy rag games? said there weren't any unlockables or features, which is a bit of a blooper isn't it? You get the original PoP (1 or 2 depedent on console) plus an old level remade in 3D, right? Or along with PS2's Euro exlusivity with this title, does it also feature none of the extras that GC and Xbox versions have?

Which console gets which game?

Comment

PoP = PS2/ NGC

PoP2 = Xbox

I haven't found a way to play the rumoured 'remade 3D PoP 1st stage' as of yet. That is if it's in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
                    PoP = PS2/ NGC

PoP2 = Xbox

I haven't found a way to play the rumoured 'remade 3D PoP 1st stage' as of yet. That is if it's in the game.
                    PoP is on xbox as well.

Comment

OK so I have a choice of US GC or PS2 or Pal PS2, which is the best version. I'm not convinced by the drastic change of colour on the gc version on that link from IGN, looks to saturated to me but is it smoother.

Anyone played them all who can comment?

Comment

does the us GC version work with freeloader?

will it ever be released in PAL territories for anything but the PS2?

Comment

Got it on the GC today

After from a few minor issues with the camera everything seems great. Controlling your character is more fluid than I thought it'd be, and leaping about everywhere is excellent fun

Comment

Once agian i want a game ive heard nothing about until this thread !!!

Is it comming to pal xbox at all ??

If not how much worse is the PS2 version, i fancy buying it today but only will if PS2 version 'plays' aswell as the xbox or gc.

i have percy box, jap/us cube, and chipped PS2 - what version/region should i get ????

Comment

Coming to Xbox next year. Not much in it graphically between the three versions. Added bonus of an unlockable POP2 on the XBox version.

Comment

Originally posted by mwaawm
                                does the us GC version work with freeloader?
                                Got it today for the GC, only played it briefly as I am still paying the delightful Mario & Luigi. The US version does work on PAL using Freeloader 1.06b (as does the US Zelda disc).

Comment

Working...
                                X