Alien colonial marines ps3 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely, cheers.

EDIT: Looks like it'll still run on modern PCs plus there's a 2007 complete re-texture mod for it. ?3 from CEX :-)
    Last edited by Brad; 21-02-2013, 11:04.

Comment

The first PC one is awesome. The second is good but I didn't find it quite as good as the first. Still, both enjoyable. Playing as an Alien in the first is incredibly satisfying.

Comment

So I am still plodding through the SP on this and have completed the first 9 levels.

What can I say..., if it wasn't for the Aliens IP, this would never anywhere near my PS3. Inside all the crap there is the making of a game there, but truly and honestly in 2013 the graphics, animations etc. are so bad I cannot believe this got released. It is like playing a old PC game in 640 x 480 with the graphic cards of yesteryear. And they do affect the gameplay; long range scopes show precious litte detail, your fellow marines sometimes pop up out of nowhere and you think, where the hell did they come from? I could go on but there is not point.

Having sat through the 2 hours of PS4 stuff last night, I couldn't help thinking please do Aliens right next time, you have the power now.

As for who gave this OK to go, well I guess we will never know, but one thing I do know from my corporate life, it will have been a political decision to release it because anyone with eyesight can see this game is a dogs dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          The first PC one is awesome. The second is good but I didn't find it quite as good as the first. Still, both enjoyable. Playing as an Alien in the first is incredibly satisfying.
          Lost an eBay copy by 5p. Damn.

Comment

I have the first AvP and it should still run on my Win2K PC!

I know this game is less than stellar, but think about how video games have been ripping off James Cameron for decades:
            Space Marines
            Automated turrets
            Self-destruct finale
            Air vents
            Facehuggers/head crabs
            Motion trackers
            Two weapons (pulse rifle/flamethrower)
            Secreted resin environments

It's no wonder Colonial Marines seems stale!
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-02-2013, 18:47.

Comment

Funny thing is its not stale. It's a franchise people still want to see more of, but this game is just bugged, broken and boring.
              Last edited by rmoxon; 21-02-2013, 21:41.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                Funny thing is its not stale. It's a franchise people still want to see more of, but this game is just bugged, broken and boring.
                correct sir!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  When you hear stories of gearbox pulling staff from A:CM and putting them on borderlands....while still taking full cheques from SEGA.

Makes you want to find their offices and go all london riots on them.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                    When you hear stories of gearbox pulling staff from A:CM and putting them on borderlands....while still taking full cheques from SEGA.

Makes you want to find their offices and go all london riots on them.
                    Makes you want to go to their homes and "go to work with a pair of pliers and a blow torch"
                    Very sad if its 100%

Comment

Working...
                    X