No announcement yet.

Crysis 3 [PC, 360, PS3] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair it's somthing that's been around in games for over 15 years now. Goldeneye had it on the N64, its not some new thing. So really every shooter should have it nowadays.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 05-03-2013, 00:27.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Oh uli, you and your bullet penetration.
      well i guess i just love penetrating stuff

Comment

Finally got round to giving this some attention and i have to say it is the best game i have played so far this year, im having so much fun with it. I haven't really played much of the the first 2 games so i don't fully understand the story but am still enjoying the story all the same. What im really enjoying about it is just how powerful i feel as Prophet, it is so much fun being able to cloak and shoot at same time and just how creative you can be using the environments. As for the bow, it is for me one of the most brilliant weapons, it feels just right and absolutely deadly.

Im playing the Xbox version and it really is an absolute stunner of a game, the detail if fantastic, just how much they have managed to squeeze out of both Xbox and PS3 is quite remarkable. I get that is nothing compared to PC but for a console i have no complaints at all. Brilliant stuff

Comment

indeed it is. but it could easily have been a lot better if EA wouldn't have rushed this game. my favourite of all 4 Crysis games remains Crysis 2. best FPS campaign and level design apart from Halo CE and Halo 2.

Comment

Gambit you should really pick up Crysis 2, even if it's after you play Crysis 3.
            It really is a cracker especially if you are enjoying Crysis 3.
            I also enjoyed Crysis 3, think it came at the right time for me, just wanted something throwaway and shootbang, this delivered.
            I didn't feel quite as bad ass as I felt ripping through NY in Crysis 2, that game just stuck with me.

Comment

As the price has dropped for this now, I thought I'd take the plunge and got this from Argos for ?24.99 on the 360 (well, ?12.49 after I swiped my Nectar points card anyway).

Personally quite cheated, even at this price, that blink-and-youll-miss it this looks absolutely identical to number 2, the menus, loading screens, everything! Even after the latest patch the sound drop outs are bloody awful in Campaign, its bordering on unplayable for me.

MP is solid and my main focus at the moment.

I am disappointed that not much effort has gone into this presentation-wise and its been released with shoddy sound bugs that still remain, and existed in number 2 as well!

This is more like Crysis 2 Alpha Upper Turbo

Comment

Really? I've just started playing it and although I'm only a couple of hours in (just finished the dam) I think it's great. Did have the sound bug and I fell through the map once but the enemy A.I. coupled with the new bow is giving me plenty of fun.

Comment

Got this on PS+ the other month and finally fired it up today.

Urgh!! Such a dull and muddy looking game. The frame-rate is awful after coming from some next-gen stuff. Actually made me feel a bit queezy.

Deleted.

Comment

Yup, suffered horribly by how weak CryEngine is on console. When I get round to revisiting it on PC I'm hoping its as solid an improvement as 2 is over the console editions

Comment

Working...
                    X