No announcement yet.

Memory of a Broken Dimension (November 2012 Build) PC/MAC review review review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory of a Broken Dimension (November 2012 Build) PC/MAC review review review

I heard about this a while back and the idea seemed pretty out there if you ask me, nothing prepared me for this build of the game. Had some headphones on and got cracking with the code at the start, that's all I will say.

People who own a PC/MAC really deserve to give it a go over, hell it's a free demo/build.

It's an experience like no other and one of the many reasons I game on PC for stuff like this.

Windows.

Mac

I really would suggest just going into this blind and not watching the above video as it really is a far out there experience.
    Game is still in development, anyone tried it already?

I "played" for 5 minutes but got literally nowhere. Of the few commands it recognised, it didn't actually do anything with them. Should I persist or am I totally out of touch with adventure games? Do I need to be a coder to understand what's going on?

Comment

Try and just type,
      and find more code commands from there.
      I am hopeless at coding and code but I got somewhere from the

DIR command.

It's just doing it in the right order of course,

starting with DIR

Comment

lol, I was trying linux commands - Didn't think of windows.

Comment

Well, game is called memory of a broken dimension.
          MS are of course the only company that can take us there

Comment

Made it to the 2nd room. Mind blown. And eyes.

Comment

Yeah, some people were asking for Oculus Rift compatibility, please god no that's a seizure waiting to happen. I am curious to see where they take the full game. I'm curious to read more but also dont want to spoil the experience.

Comment

It was actually too much for me in the 2nd room. I had to stop.

Comment

Well, I've just sat here for the last 30 mins constantly saying WTF?!? Excllent. Not even sure if I'm on the 3rd stage or what now.

edit: nope, still on stage 2
                  Last edited by charlesr; 08-04-2013, 19:27.

Comment

Right. I've made it

up the first ramp

and then turned around and gone

up the spiral and across the first small gap and through the wall portal and then across a bigger gap. I'm on a big rock in the air

basically. Now what?

Comment

I've nay idea, I think since it's an early demo/build it doesn't quite have the direction the final game will have.

Apparently you will be actively seeking stuff to rebuild the computer terminal and world around you, via hacks and of course being in the machine.

Comment

Did you get to the same place then?

Comment

I actually finished it last night. Was rewarded with an end of level style screen, totally not what I was expecting though.

One thing I noticed is the numbers in bottom left corner.
                          If it's 0 move on nothing to see here, if it has numbers have a look around for links/lines to recreate stuff, when that number hits 0 you have unlocked everything in that area.

Audio queues do help too and I found sometimes just gently adjusting where I was standing can light up an area to then click to unlock.

Comment

Any further news on this?

Comment

Oculous Rift is confirmed for this. WTF. May as well rub LSD on your eyeballs.

Comment

Working...
                              X