Fuse (demo) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse (demo) review

The single player campaign demo cannot be played eithiut bring connected to psn and agreeing to let ea transfer your psn name, friends list and dob to an ea origin account.

Unplugging my ps3 from yhe internet still wouldn't let me play. An oversight? Or a sign of things to come?

PS3 IT'S ALWAYS ONLINE!!

Your not missing much anyway.
    First thing I thought was I'll give this a chance, I mean it's the Ratchet guys, hell yeah.
    Demo left me cold.

Cool you can switch characters at will awesome, get downed, can I switch at will to revive myself? No.
    Run out of bullets at one point, no matter I will just switch, proceed to see character I switched from shooting away happily with bullets, switch back to him, nope still no bullets.

I may have already said this but I think I'm done with this same old ****e.

To sum it up Insomniac made this game, if I didn't know this already I would have sworn it was made by any old company.
    3rd person, generic, boring, crap. It's only the demo but I can't see it getting any better than it does in the demo, no matter how big the bosses get.

I will be more than happy to eat my words when the reviews hit and it's a GOTY candidate.

Comment

As above. It's wwll made and I'm sure it ticked all their boxes. None of mine though. Thank goodness for kickstarter

Comment

Tried it out and its passable enough, you sometimes get the vibe through of who made it but being multiformat zeems to have made it a little rough around the edges and its a hugely generic affair. The game is near certain to die on its arse at retail so it might make an alright bargain pick up in a few months but I wasn't left with any lasting feelings of wanting to buy it at launch. I imagine Insomniac will end fully back under Sonys wing soon enough.

Comment

I enjoyed it but, yeah, save for a couple of weapons it is soooooo generic.

The second part of the demo wasn't so hot though. Kept getting downed and fed up with the swapping character idea. Maybe if it was on a different button; Select not so easy when in the heat of a firefight.

Comment

Why is everyone slagging off Fuse?

Ignore these guys, I think you're ace, mate!

Comment

Dammit. Stole my joke.

Comment

I'm just going to admit I like this demo.

My first 10 minutes were like 'this game sucks balls'. You guys talk about swapping characters, which means you're soloing it right? In fact, the game DOES suck balls when played Solo. I hated it. But I kinda got used to the controls (which could be better, its a bit rough esp, cover etc), and played with 3 random guys who seemed to know what they were doing and I was having a lot of fun. Much more fun than I had with Army of Two, Lost Planet 2 and the like. Its drop in drop out so you're likely always be with others.

I regret this game not keeping its initial art direction, but although more generic now its still not typical grey dudebro stuff. I think the art direction is comparable to Perfect Dark. And the chatter gives it sort of character, Jennifer Hale is always okay in my book.

I'm thinking of buying it right when it comes out as online activity will likely dwindle as the weeks pass by.
                Last edited by saturn-gamer; 09-05-2013, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  Your not missing much anyway.
                  [...]
                  Demo left me cold.
                  [...]
                  I may have already said this but I think I'm done with this same old ****e.
                  Originally posted by FSW View Post
                  I'm sure it ticked all their boxes. None of mine though.
                  Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  a little rough around the edges and its a hugely generic affair. The game is near certain to die on its arse at retail
                  Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  it is soooooo generic.
                  [...]
                  The second part of the demo wasn't so hot though.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Why is everyone slagging off Fuse?

Ignore these guys, I think you're ace, mate!

Comment

Let's see how Fuse is reviewing..
                    Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

"Whether it's true or not, Fuse does feel every bit like another victim of the heavily focus-tested, leader following, perpetually terrified mainstream game industry. It's every cloying and desperate element of the retail console market, brought together -- fused, if you will -- to create a factory standard example of a game that tries to be everything the hypothetical mainstream consumer drools over, and ends up as nothing remarkable...That's Fuse in a nutshell."
                    Destructoid.

I agree with that 100%.

Seems like this game is great if you have 3 buddies all wanting to play together on the same **** game.

Comment

I read they were already planning more games in the series, sounds like they should stop now.

Comment

I wish they'd kept the original aesthetic and name.

This looks better than what we've ended up with:

Comment

For comparison sake.

Comment

The Overstrike trailer was definitely more cartoon-orientated and reminded me of The Incredibles. Would have liked to se where that would have gone. The trailer for Fuse wasn't terrible but the fascination with making a trailer that is like every shooter title released in the last few years didn't excite me.

Shame a title with decent potential seems to have been 'neutralised' by the time it gets released.

Comment

Playing this single player as no other bugger seems to have bought it.

After the intense, gritty violence and serious story driven antics of The Last of Us this is a really good opposite to play.

It's loud, dumb, fun and full if over the top action. The demo was okay but I like Insomniac and want to support them so I gave this a punt.

Yes, it's generic but it is much better than the demo was. The weapons are fun and there's some funny dialogue in it too.

Not the greatest third person shooter in existence but definitely not one of the worst either.

Comment

Working...
                              X