Grim dawn (alpha version) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim dawn (alpha version) review

so the alpha version was released for kickstarters eligible so i downloaded it and gave it a quick blast

diablo style game but reminded me a lot of titans quest with a very similar skill tree (though i think its using the same engine)

graphics are pretty good gameplay well its typical diablo style nothing different but it is satisfying will play some more later

well been playing some more its much more open exploration game then diablo 3 along the lines of sacred 2 also if you can get away from the enemy health recovers quite fast also when you die you leave a gravestone which if you can get back will recover some of the lost exp

one irk so far missions do not show on the map so no idea where to go

as far as a diablo style game goes its not bad but lacking in wow factor or anything thats not been seen before its just ok at everything lacking fanciness of diablo 3 the great ideas of torchlight 2 or even the visceral combat of dungeon siege 2

Oh one thing i found surprising for a loot collecting game is there is a fraction of the loot drops would see in other similar games
    Last edited by eastyy; 18-05-2013, 18:35.

Thought i would update this as i think the full release is planned next month.

So it has come a long long way now it is looking a lot better, has more physics in combat a lot more polish far better loot drops and loads of new features such as reputations between different factions a additional new skill tree where if you find certain shrines in the game world they give points to put in the new skill tree.

Questing is a bit of a pain though as while now if you are close to a quest objective it will appear on the short range map for actual finding the area they only give a vague direction of where it is.

It does have a rubber band style leveling system but thankfully it is limited to so many levels so for example if you are in one area at level 40 the enemies will be around that sort of level but if you go up to say level 50 they will cap out at level 44-45. Which i think is pretty cool so you can always have a challenge but can overpower them easily later on.

It is in early access at the moment but it is content completed they are just polishing things up now.

Comment

Working...
    X