Rayman Legends (360/PS3/WiiU/PC) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
    Jesus that was quick, taking my time and only saved about 185 Teensies so far.

Fun game though, fiddly in places and some of the teensies do take some finding/getting to.
    Did it in 2 sessions but to be fair I played it to death on PS3/Vita so pretty familiar with it (think I finished it with about 390 need a few more to unlock living dead world, which I shudder at remembering it) but its just really enjoyable to play, frustrating and hard as nails in parts (I'm looking at YOU the last sister level) but so much fun. I think I even ended up with a trophy from the challenges earlier on (first time I tried I don't usually do online) seemed decent it really is such a steal for ?20odd on next gen hell its a steal at full next gen rrp, best 2d platformer if the last 5 years
    Last edited by ETC; 18-04-2014, 13:59.

Comment

Marvellous game, as good as Origins. My son and I are currently on about 415 from 700 lumes, completed it a few times and mopping up extra lumes. Amazing fun, perfect coop game, and it easily holds its own against any 2D Mario.

Comment

My copy of the PS4 version arrived today! I've never played the game so I'm really looking forwards to it. I'm in the mood for this kind of game, and it looks so full of character.

The plan is to try and convert my wife into a gamer. She's not a gamer at all, but with me being on a PS4 binge all week, she asked if there was a game she could play. This seems like just the thing, I believe it can be played in coop?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          The plan is to try and convert my wife into a gamer.
          Best of luck been trying to do that for 12 years result bloody candy crush

Comment

I don't think it's gonna work, but Rayman was her selection after I showed her a couple of candidate games. I was happy to oblige. I gave it a quick bash a minute ago too and it looks like we're in for a treat. Just a shame that it seems you can only have one save state.

Annoying that Nintendo have a WiiU exclusive on this game on Japan, I had to bloody import it.

Comment

A different PSN profile is the only way to get another save slot, had to do that for my son.

Comment

That's frustrating, especially seeing as Origins reportedly let you have 3 saves.

Anyway, started playing this today and it is dreamy. Such a beautiful game with such charm and character, and plays extremely well to boot. Extremely tight controls, ingenious level design, and seems to be a crazy amount of content.

Ubisoft appear to have even done the Uplay stuff properly. The Daily and Weekly Challenges are an inspired idea that gives you a reason to fire up the game regularly, I'm in for a real treat for the next few weeks, I reckon. Looking forward to giving this a bash in coop with the wife.

I've not played the previous generation versions, but the PS4 version seems flawless. Absolutely no loading times whatsoever so moving between the different galleries is instant. A shame they didn't take the opportunity to add the WiiU features with the Vita connectivity, though you can at least scratch the cards using the DS4 touchpad.

I'm so lucky to be playing this as one of the first PS4 games.

Comment

Finally

Comment

Now it's time for the 8 bit remixes!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      Now it's time for the 8 bit remixes!
                      That is them
                      Last edited by ETC; 01-03-2014, 16:47.

Comment

Hooray! Those levels are total bastards

Comment

Loved it

when those 8 bit levels started pixellating then splitting into ever smaller screens

!

Comment

Got up to about 340 Teensies saved and gave up half way through the world in painting five, frustration overtook fun so already flogged it on.
                            Had fun up to that point but life is too short for gaming stress

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                              I'm so lucky to be playing this as one of the first PS4 games.

To be fair literally the only difference with the PS3 version is that it has a bit of loading. 'Uncompressed textures' notwithstanding. Shame there hasn't been any DLC for this game, as I'm sure it would have been included in the PS4/Bone versions.

Such an excellent game, and really shows up the NSMB games for the unimaginative affairs that they are. I love the designs of the different worlds, there were some classic Rayman ones in there (levels made of cake, and ones filled with drums) but some really creative new ones too.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 next please Michel

Comment

^Aye, I'm not suggesting there's any significant difference between the two versions, but as I got my PS4 on the 22nd February (Japanese launch), I'm in exactly the right kind of mood to play a game like this, and it has been a real treat.

I've just unlocked the 'Princess Saviour' trophy on the PS4 version (save the 10 princesses), and it says that the trophy is 'very rare - 9.6%'. Have such a small amount of people with the PS4 version reached this far in the game? That's disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X