No announcement yet.

1080 Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also got it today, first impressions are very favourable. I really don't know why IGN complained about the controls but they are great, easy to learn and very responsive. Not at all too heavy. Going through the gate challenge felt very like Blue Storm, which is no bad thing.

I've played about 10 levels so far and level design seems to be it's strongest point. Some of the interactive levels are an absolute rush to play and makes my mouth water in anticipation of the later levels. I also like what they've done with the time trial section, it should add considerably to the replay factor. All in all I'm enjoying it a lot and look forward to trying out some multiplayer fun.

Comment

Commander Marklar & oh my car!, I just got this today. I'm gonna play the game in a while, just online to register my copy so hopefully later on I can compete with your scores...

Comment

I won't get the game for about another week assuming it takes the same length of time to get to me from DVDBO as Mario Kart. But at least I can muck around on MK till then!!

Comment

Anyone want to play this on warppipe right now? I'm on messenger and icq.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
            Anyone want to play this on warppipe right now? I'm on messenger and icq.
            If i knew how to set the damn warppipe up then sure you have a game......

Feel free to PM me instructions

Comment

Yea man, I'm always up for a game - gonna watch Stargate in a bit, but if you want to try then let's do it! You're only 'round the corner (so to speak) so it shouldn't be too bad.

I don't have either of those means of contacting you though...

edit: Ginza man, check the website - there is a step-by-step guide there. It's practically just a case of running it, entering another's IP address and then following the on-screen prompts to start a game.

Comment

Only had a few hours play. Have to say the enviroments are great to race down and theres always something to gawk at along the way. Completed novice and hard on match race. Also unlocked 2 sets of the boards doing time trial - love getting them coins, really helps learning the courses. I think my gripes concern the music, it doesn't have as diverse a range as say Amped did. Had a brief stint on trick attack...gonna take some time getting used to that, at 1st I felt it cumbersome but I think I'm grasping it now. What I played though I feel the game has been given some unjust reviews, I'm havin great fun. No slow down either yet, though some pop-up.

Comment

Had a proper go on this now (US version, so it actually works on my cube). Completed match race novice, hard and expert on my first go, apart from the expert challenge, which I had to do 3 times because you are essentially using the force in the second half of the race to know what is coming next. Then decided to try LAN over warppipe. After ages messing around with my router and some remote help from Jibber, it magically warppipe started working. Didn't try 1080 though cos Jibber didn't have it, but going to try with Commander Marklar 2nite. It's not certain yet if warppipe actually supports 1080.
                  Then had a quick go on the gate challenge which was much more of a challenge. Spent a few minutes finding a couple of coins which is fun (I always liked hunting for snowmen in Amped). For me time trial is the mainstay of 1080 and will probably get the most love.

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                    Commander Marklar & oh my car!, I just got this today. I'm gonna play the game in a while, just online to register my copy so hopefully later on I can compete with your scores...
                    I think I'm out of the running now...it's really just the Commander over there now

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                    I think my gripes concern the music, it doesn't have as diverse a range as say Amped did.
                    I only realised this after I completed the game, but you unlock music tracks as you go along...check the ones by JP, some of them are pimpin' ( ), especially 'Buttah' and 'Nachos!'
                    Although I do like the licenced tracks too, I think they made good choices

Do tell how warppipe goes...I'll probably get this once I can afford a modem

Comment

Hey man - I was playing with this last night and I matched my score again. The three scores on the board are all the same now

I did get a 15x combo doing flips though, although that was a 100800 rather than higher because sometimes it kind of "stalls" when performing a move, rather than be nice and smooth about it... frustrating, although it is purely a timing thing. I did notice that 'Y' grabs work much faster if the direction is up, down or neutral, so I was starting off with that, then a b->x grab. I haven't decided if 'B' and 'X' grabs work faster with left/right directions or not... yet. But I shall continue to experiment.... also, if you madly spin the stick around and perform > 1080 and then start combo'ing, I can get the same amount of grabs in, even though I've started much later

So, there is defo something else there man, just need to figure it out

Comment

Thats great that is, didn't realize you could unlock music tracks, look forward to it. Hope warpipe turns out in favour of 1080 too, like to know how that goes. I agree with you charlesr, the time trials are where I've been spending most of my time and the actual match race I completed novice & hard first time - not tried expert yet though. Great fun though.

Comment

I was reading Nintendo's site and read this...

The clips are taken from the special stunt courses in the game, which are modelled on the real-life 'Nintendo GameCube Parks and Pipes' at Whistler Blackcomb ski park in Canada.
                          That's pretty cool 8)

Comment

*pssst*
                            (it says that in the booklet)

but it is quite cool, yeah

Comment

Ooops Who reads manuals?!

Comment

Has anyone with the US version signed up for the special content on nintendo.com with the PIN that came with the game? I can't register atm, they are experiencing "technical difficulties". Just wondering if it's worth persevering.

Comment

Working...
                                X