No announcement yet.

1080 Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be the same stuff on the European site; it's just a bunch of videos showing tricks (hence the quote above) and some other stuff, clipart and the like...

...although, if it is different, do tell 8) Probably worth slogging it out a bit...

Comment

Scrap that, sorry.

Comment

I'm quite sorry for nintendo.

They have managed to worsen their masterpiece (1080snowbarding)

The graphics are pathetic with simplistic textures an awfully designed environments, the game physics are awful, plus the typically BASTARDISED GAMEPLAY compared to it's prequel.

It all started with Waverace being a tiny little wost than the n64 one, then the recent exapmles with Mario kartD and even worse, F-zero wich DESTROYED AVERYTHING good the X version had (fun,physics,track design).

And now THIS. IT SUCKS. I want my money back. 35 pounds, preordered by play.com. WHAT A FOOL AM I.

And THEN THE FRAMERATE MY GOOOODNESS HOW CAN I BE SO SLOW, with all that simplistic visuals, gamecube should have been able to run it at a full 60fps/60hz, if it was programmed well, not 25fps/50hz with tons of framerate. Even the original was faster, an the graphics may have been simpler, but HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN THIS ****.

PLEASE ANYONE WHO READS THIS, DONT BUY IT, SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR A USED N64 AND A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL, IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT
        PEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

Comment

I thought I was on ntsc-uk.com not Gamefaqs.

I haven't received the game yet but judging by all impressions and the many videos I have seen, you cannot say this game looks bad. It looks great! The physics are spot on by all accounts and the framerate only seems to be an issue with the minority (therefore probably those with duff hardware or lack of appreciating the matrix style slowdown on jumps and screen shake on avalanches). The game looks stupidly fast, I don't know how much faster you wanted it!

Get a grip you over the top freak.

Comment

Please don't use allcaps.
            There is virtually no slowdown in the game as far as I can make out, so please look again, otherwise no one is going to take anything you say seriously, although I happen to agree with some of what you say to a certain extent.
            When you go through snowblowers, it looks like slowdown, but it is actually you, slowing down. Because of the deep powder. There are other examples. At high speeds, to enhance the feeling of speed, effects are used which sometimes look like slowdown. There are also slo-motion effects, which can look like slowdown.
            However, your final comment I agree with. If you like the GC version, you should really try the N64 version. But not the horrendous PAL conversion which is very slow and since you are talking about ordering from play.com, I presume you have only played the pal N64 version. Do yourself a favour and pick up an NTSC N64 and the US version of the game and see what it should really be like.

Comment

Sorry, when I said horrendous Pal version, I meant that the conversion from the ntsc version to Pal was horrendous. There is nothing wrong per se with pal version apart from it being slower and bordered. I loved every minute of playing the pal version, but now have the ntsc version and it's even more fun.

I'll try and get the review of the GC version up soon, so you can get a considered, balanced opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                I thought I was on ntsc-uk.com not Gamefaqs.

I haven't received the game yet but judging by all impressions and the many videos I have seen, you cannot say this game looks bad. It looks great! The physics are spot on by all accounts and the framerate only seems to be an issue with the minority (therefore probably those with duff hardware or lack of appreciating the matrix style slowdown on jumps and screen shake on avalanches). The game looks stupidly fast, I don't know how much faster you wanted it!

Get a grip you over the top freak.
                Damn straight...and that stuff about F-Zero and MK *no comment*
                ....go back to the gamesradar forums

Comment

"The graphics are pathetic with simplistic textures"

I've been playing the PAL N64 version again recently myself, and I'd suggest that anyone complaining about texture detail do so too. N64 1080 barely even has textures, let alone ones with lots of detail.

Comment

Too right, Mid. Whereas some of the GC textures are stunning, with a lot of the snow looking spot on. You can almost feel it creaking as you go over it (anyone who has been snowboarding will know what I mean).

Comment

I kind of miss the cardboard trees from the original 1080 in the new version.

Comment

I must say that after putting in a lot of hours since Monday, I find the reviews for 1080 to be very puzzling. Dodgy framerate and being overly short were two things that kept cropping up and for the life of my I can't understand why.

Framerate is very stable and never once has it impacted my enjoyment of the game. Considering some of the effects at times, I'm actually rather impressed. The sense of speed can be breathtaking, especially when you're powered up and heading through a narrow ice cavern.

Despite what others would lead you to belive there is lots to do in 1080: Av. The three mode racing modes all have a different feel to them but at the same time the core element of fun is still at the heart of each. All three require you to race differently with alternate paths a must. Special mention has to be made of the addition of the coins to time trial. It really adds a great deal of fun to it and has you exploring every path that course has to offer. Often it can lead to discoveries of a totaly new run that shaves vital seconds off your time and can end up being vital in Match Race mode. I would definitely recommend Avalanche as an extremely fun and rewarding snowboard racing game, I didn't even mention the adrenilin rush of the avalanche levels themselves.

Comment

I've only managed a 12trick combo with a max score of 60000. Very fun is trick attack and the coin challange too. I would say the main heart of the game is in these modes, not the match race as has been mentioned. So much more than a racer, in fact with whats on offer in match race I wouldn't even bother calling it a racer. Still lovin the game though

Comment

Quick note - the N64 PAL version isn't boardered, it is fullscreen but still slower overall (unless, of course, that is the original release - the budget version runs fullscreen)

I think I could understand someone coming from the N64 game being initially dissappointed because it is essentially the same "gameplay" you're playing, with little else to learn. So, if you're fairly decent at the N64 game, you'll breeze through it fairly quickly because you're used to 1080's game mechanics.

But, that flamebait is just to funny to construct any kind of response really

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                              111300, back flips... 14xcombo I don't get it though, there is still something missing...
                              You....*points finger*...YOU

Agggggghhhhh!!!
                              *runs off screaming*

(PS-I just equalled your score, exactly, 111300 points, x14 combo, backflips)

(frickin' no idea how I did it, mind)

Comment

Ahh, nice one mate! Can you get higher though?! I can be buggered if I can!

Comment

Working...
                                X