No announcement yet.

1080 Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, leave the old one alone. Really needed a new thread for the new game.

Comment

yeah, it's all good...well, unless all your times get rinsed, that is

Comment

Got this yesterday. So far I'm really enjoying it. Played through the Novice Match race and then lost in the Hard match mode and then played the tricks mode for a while.

The presentation is top class, menu system fits the game very well. In game the graphics are superb. All the little touches and effects are great like the snow machines, the ski-ers and the squirrels. The different depths of snow shows the usual Nintendo polish. Would be so easy to just give the game a white track. You actually feel as though you are racing through the powder. The sound effects reflect this also. Character design is great IMO. Has its own certain style. The sense of speed the game portrays with the speed lines and motion blue is fantastic.

Haven't seen any of the much talked about slowdown, just the tiniest amount of pop up of some trees. I can see the places where people could mistake the game for having slowdown though...when you go through an area with snow machines...but thats because you have just hit deep snow! Its called realism! And to think people complain Nintendo games don't have that (gamefaqs i'm talking to you!).

Overall this game is damn pretty.

Gameplay wise it is very easy to get into. The controls work well and you can get stuck straight in. It takes some time getting used to getting your boarder moving again after hitting an obstacle.

The first match mode seems easy but then it is Novice. I can imagine the difficulty on the 4th mode to be sky high. First challenge is pretty cool, can't wait for the big avalanche levels.

The game apparently has no depth. I'd say that must be for those that don't want to put effort in cos I can see the trick mode having loads. I had about attempts at sky high and could only get 10,000! This mode will need loads of work from me. The trick course is pretty big but I'm kind of lost on it.

Time attack has some great touches with the gold coins, these being used to unlock boards (and songs?).

All in all so far I am pretty impressed. Game seems much better and more polished than some of the lower scoring reviews suggest. Hope it holds up.

(How can NST be slated? I loved Blue storm, looks like i'll love this, probably can't wait for whatever they develop next!).

Comment

Not as easy as everyone makes out...couldn't get past Diesel Disaster last night.

Comment

For me sharkattack, I've been playing time attack and the trick courses far more than Matchrace. Once I got into trick attack I was hooked, especially the half-pipe course, hope you get into it as much as I have. Try playing Diesel Disaster on gate challange, your gonna find several short cuts doing it that way...

Comment

yeah...it gets harder

*enjoy*

Comment

Frozen Melee - Sick with it...I HATE YOU.

Will I ever see the hard match mode challenge stage? Actually probably tomorrow but I'm too tired to try Sick with it for the 7th time tonight.

Comment

I would just like to say that I hate the Diesel Disaster route. Far to many obstacles and it feels more like a slalom course than a true mountain. The only part I really enjoy is ***possible spoiler***
                  Originally posted by spoiler
                  jumping blind into the fog near the start

Comment

Heh. Yeah. And just when you think you have picked the right line, you get hit by a snowmobile.

Comment

I think Diesel Disaster is a really fun course. I know for Time Trial purposes the game needs set in stone patterns but in the Match race it would have been cool if the smoke was drifting slightly different, or the crash on the mountain trail was in a different position. Same with the rock slides on other courses.

A great touch I like is that some of the courses, if you leave them to their default music, the music matches the course. Like on Diesel Disaster it really goes deep and heavy when you land under the fog.

Comment

Shark, are you going to join the time trial thread?

EDIT: Ooops! Just realised you already have.

Comment

DD is great, I love the visual "clues" about where to go and even then, there is a lot of variation to the course (over the train cars, for example). Good stuff... come on folks, lets have some more in the TT thread

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                            Shark, are you going to join the time trial thread?

EDIT: Ooops! Just realised you already have.
                            Yep once I'm any good I'll really get involved

Just finished off that Hard Mode. Avalanche Valley is fantastic!

Comment

sorry for being so late....but you know....importing US games in Italy it's not so easy anymore....
                              btw 1080 Avalanche really impressed me!!!!!
                              it's a tecnically beauty, with great sound (that I always disable just to hera the wind noise...with a big fan on my tv....yeah..I know I might be NOT normal).
                              It only lacks on some side of the game for example tricks and the difficult level (too easy!!!).
                              A big step forward, but not an entire step. just A big step.
                              globally 1080 Snowboarding on N64 is still the best....but globally....i love 1080 Avalanche!

Comment

Well, just completed it 100% today, took me 18 days. (not solid, but I got it on the 6th)

None of the tracks are that hard to beat after a little practice and to be honest the CPU isn't up to much.

Comment

Working...
                                X