No announcement yet.

1080 Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How on earth are you getting these insane combos? This is trick attack one you're talking about isn't it? Max i've got is 20k! He just doesn't want to start comboing untill the end, the bitch.

Any tips?

Comment

You using Ricky and the BT board? When your set to do your tricks perform a jump and start either a clockwise spin or front flips and do your 1st trick, wait until you flash green and then pull off the rest of your tricks in succesion. Once you get the knack of it its awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
        Once you get the knack of it its awesome.
        damn straight 8)

Comment

Finally got this yesterday, only played for about 45 mins but great game just need to unlock some more stuff .....

Comment

I have a few of Andrew Mills replays here

Comment

Right well, I played this at the weekend, and basically did almost everything. It's, how can you say, dumbed down for the masses. Admitted I haven't tried the Double Black Diamonds yet, but they are just cheap mirrored slopes. Still haven't got my head around the trick system yet.

Generally just a little dissappointed how mind crushingly easy the game is. Damn good two player mode though, must by freaking brilliant on LAN.

Comment

JibberX, I too was pretty disappointed with the match race but the game really comes into life when you play gate mode and time trialling.

Put a few hours into those and the game really lives up to it's potential.

Comment

I've done a lot of multiplayer, but why can't you have access to all the courses on it? ft:

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                    It's, how can you say, dumbed down for the masses. Admitted I haven't tried the Double Black Diamonds yet, but they are just cheap mirrored slopes. Still haven't got my head around the trick system yet.
                    Time trialling is where it is at (for the single player). Like all good arcade racers - The finishing the track isn't the tough part, the shaving milliseconds off of your times is.

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                      I've done a lot of multiplayer, but why can't you have access to all the courses on it? ft:
                      It's one of life's mysteries, friend thought it might be something to do with possible slow down ?
                      Annoying though.

Comment

I am definitly digging the Time Trials and Gates, I'd best look at the Challenges section, because the times are in the games a easily whuppable.

Gotta love that NES pad.

Comment

Got this at the weekend... the main game is very easy... and I'd by lying if I said I wasn't dissappointed that I finished most racers first time. There didn't really seem to be a huge challenge...

however...

Time Trial and Gate Challenge are ace. Getting all the coins also requires quite a bit of skill and shaving off those seconds is great fun...

Just wish it had an online component like PGR2 to allow you to upload ghosts and times etc,.

Comment

The original was the same though. Easy to beat the courses in Match Race, but difficult to get the best times. However, after playing 1080 GC, the level of control required to do well in 1080 64 is much higher.

Comment

Yeah, the original 1080 was a better game all round - the track design and handling mechanics have yet to be bettered in a snowboarding game.

Comment

Just watching the intro of 1080 there... it's actually really well edited to fit with the music.

Games ace as well... def grows on you once you get into time trials and coin challenges...

Comment

Working...
                                X