Battlefield 4 - please add "charlesrr" on Battlelog to get a platoon invite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 4 - please add "charlesrr" on Battlelog to get a platoon invite

I have terrible memories of the BF3 beta yet played hundreds of hours on the game itself. So far I'm enjoying the BF4 beta so am wondering where the catch will be.

The controls have changed a little too much for my liking but the core of the game is just the same. Interacting with the surroundings more is definitely an improvement (even though you wonder why it wasn't like that before). Taking the elevator up to the top of a skyscraper in Shanghai to capture point B...parachuting off the top to reach A or C...There really is nothing like it.

I still suck of course.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Wondering what the differences between bf3 and this are gameplay wise.

Looks like you need update video drivers as it lagged badly when I tried the pc beta.

Comment

Gameplay-wise not much. You are able to respond to orders now, which is a little different. Will get some more playtime in and see if anything pops up.

Comment

I'd be interested to hear first imps on ps3 vers if anyone's got the beta for it...
        Last edited by Golgo; 02-10-2013, 13:34.

Comment

its suposed to look not great on current gen, but speed and play look spot on next to the pc version. theirs a good comparison vid of the pc version next to the xbox version on videogamertv. seems lighting, textures and effects have been cut to keep the game running solidly.

Last edited by Lebowski; 02-10-2013, 13:34.

Comment

Ooh ta, was never expecting it to look superb but if it plays solidly I'm tempted...

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              I'd be interested to hear first imps on ps3 vers if anyone's got the beta for it...
              Hopefully i might be on later sometime this week As my stuff is coming today to Germany and will hook up the PS3 and get the beta downloaded ready to play and post some impressions.

Comment

About ferking time, Mr. B. I was beginning to think your shipment had been hit by Samoan pirates. You'll be on ps4, though, no?

Comment

Im getting the PS3 version, plus you can try the beta from October 4th yourself when the beta is open to everybody.

Comment

Just tried the PS3 version and it's a mixed bag. It's pretty damn ugly, perhaps more so than the BF3 beta. It's drab as hell with some pretty bad pop up and build up on details. The textures are way off BF3 level in places. However, the BF3 beta was poor compared to the final game so it's an awkward one to judge for the full game. The water though... yikes, horrendous, I can imagine the dam map and beach map will break fans hearts if this isn't improved for the full game. The flip side though is even at a sensitivity of 20/100 this is far more responsive than 3 was. Just feels better to control. I think anyone steering clear of the PC/Next Gen versions and coming off the back of BF3 will get by as DICE seem to only be making compromises to avoid cutting content this time. However, for those unsure it feels clear the PC/next gen versions are going to absolutely cream this.

Comment

Try to keep the building up too, jesus its beige on console

Comment

I think you're wasting your time playing it on ps3 and 360. Pc or next gen or nothing as you're missing out on half the experience.

Comment

That's the other niggle as with a player cap of 24 on current gen consoles there just aren't enough peepsvin play to fill out the areas, sometimes it feels a little too much like your simply rotating from capture point to capture point.

Comment

I thought one complaint of the pc version is that - apart from the very largest maps - with 64 players you're crowded out and end up tripping over each other. Anyhoo, had a look at more vids and console versions look like **** warmed up. You've got to hand it to Dice, they've perfected the art of making their game look worse with every iteration. Bad Co 2 looked much better. Maybe they should hire a proper creative artist to disguise the limitations of the console versions, rather than just stripping out features and assets. Will give the beta a whirl tomorrow.

Comment

^ depends on the map. Most of the 64 player ones are large enough to make it feel like there are several frontlines\ battles going on at the same time. Some of the smaller maps are utter spam-fests though which seem to have been put in to appeal to the COD crowd.

BF4 looks amazing on PC, really stunning and it runs surprisingly well too. Feels a lot better than the BF3 beta did so fairly certain the retail release will be better too. Nice little touches like being able to operate the lifts, bring down the shutters and raise bollards in the road. Makes the maps feel more interactive.
                              The big setpiece of the building coming down doesn't appear to be as scripted as first thought - it's only come down in one of the rounds I've played and not sure what triggered it. Didn't see it happen but it does change the look and feel of the map quite a bit.

Impressed so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X