The Wolf Among Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wolf Among Us

TellTale Games continue to hone their adventure game craft following last year's excellent Walking Dead series. This time they take to another comic book, the Fables series by Bill Willingham. It's basically a Noir detective story set in New York, the twist being each character is a 'Fable', a famous character out of fairytales and classic stories. It's a really interesting world, especially as I've gone in with no prior knowledge (never even heard of it until a few days ago!), so I have no idea what to expect from all the characters.
    The game doesn't expect you to know anything, either. It does a good job explaining the setup.

The game plays much the same as The Walking Dead, but it has been refined in small ways to make the gameplay less clunky. It's still very much an interactive novel\ point and click adventure, but the writing and style is top notch. Voice acting and general production values are very good, it looks great too.

It's a typical TellTale episodic game, broken up into five chapters. Only chapter one is out so far.

If you liked Walking Dead then I highly recommend this.

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Man, that does look good. I would wait for a disc release like they did with Walking dead but knowing my luck it will be region locked just like Walking dead was.

Comment

Got this on PS3, really into it, never read the comics, but have heard many good things, think I might actually start them now. Like you say, a lot more refined than Walking Dead, which I also loved, most of the clunkiness is gone, but it's just as gripping. Just wish they would have announced the Vita version earlier, I would happily have waited for it.

Comment

UPDATE 02/04/2014: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3: A Crooked Mile has been dated for next week, Telltale announced via Twi…

Couldn't see a main news thread for this, Episode 3 hits next week across all formats 8th-10th April

Comment

Fantastic. Have been looking forward to EP3 - these have been brilliant so far.
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
          X