Soul Calibur 2 HD Online review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online review

In short: Don't buy this is you want to play online. Buy this if you're into offline and single player.

Its a great port that looks and runs amazing, very good use AA.. the game is incredibly sharp. All Single player content is there and you have to play Weapon Master all over again to unlock characters.

Less fantastic is the lack of Japanese voice overs, and the low volume of the sound (no DTS/Dolby here). These 2 things must be the reason why this download isn't even 700mbs big.

The online isn't worth it for a few simple reasons. The netcode isn't all that great, and there are no lobbies at all. After each match you're being thrown back into the menu. Oh, and you can't skip those fighter intros when a match starts online. This game is being called HD Online, so its lazy, lazy, lazy.

And the price, it seems jacked up. I pre ordered it for 14,99 euros (which is 12 pounds), but now people are saying that the regular price is 19.99 euros.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

So what sound does it have? Stereo only?

Comment

My receiver says LPCM and it does output over all my boxes but the volume is very low. I can't hear music during fights at all unless I pump up the volume big time. I think its just compressed stuff, like VF5 FS etc.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 20-11-2013, 16:17.

Comment

Ah ok, thanks. Shame as the music in that game was awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X