Killzone Shadow Fall [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killzone Shadow Fall [PS4] review

I have some early impressions from the first hour of the game.

- Install was FAST! You are in the game in no time, and there are no logos or anything slowing your start down. It seems to install in the background whilst you play.
    - The starting mission is a great "Background" setter, reminded me of the 1st mission in LOU.
    - The game is visually stunning, like nothing else you will have seen on console. Vidoes and screens can't do justice to the visual impact of the game at 1080p on large TV. The lighting, shadows, effects, frame rates.... this is very exciting for the future of PS4, the machine can put out some serious visual grunt
    - The controller is AMAZING! I much prefer the 360 pad to PS3 due to tighter sticks and better triggers. The PS4 pad takes that even further and for FPS games it will be a dream. Best pad I've every used, period.
    - Remote play works well, but R2/R3 will be problematic without a grip on the Vita
    - Voice acting is poor.

So as a launch game it looks to be an essential purchase so far.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Nice impressions my ps4 is about an hour away but my Assassins creed 4 has turned up so I'm going to stare at the box for an hour

Comment

CS: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

Thanks for posting some impressions.

Love yoo!!

Comment

Lools like a pc game on max settings.

I think I'm getting old because this is hard as nails.

Comment

I am getting my ass kicked too!
          The enemies seem to spot you from miles away!

Comment

No auto aim bu the look of it.

Comment

The game is designed with your little flying robot helper in mind. if you don't I use him, and use him well, you will die.

Comment

I don't like the campaign at all, was thinking about trading it back but the multiplayer is incredible it seems. The MP graphics are great, it murders BF4. The hit detection is utterly spot on and the gameplay without assist is awesome. Also you still have a chance if someone draws first, I usually hate this in CoD and BF where the first shooter is likely the victor.

I'll keep this for the MP.

Comment

On second chapter as I've been side tracked with resogun,BF4 and assassins creed 4
                  The opening chapter when you are flying over the city looks awesome well pleased with this game

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                    The game is designed with your little flying robot helper in mind. if you don't I use him, and use him well, you will die.
                    This.

I'm on chapter 5 now. And enjoying it quite a bit. The offline bots are surprisingly good too if you want to practice before going full MP.

Comment

Looks beautiful but I'm only on chapter 2 and grossly awful at the game. I cannot play FP games to save my life besides mirrors edge, somehow I managed that one.

I really wanna get into but I feel completely bored, will continue to force myself to play it tho, buyers remorse is settling in.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                        I don't like the campaign at all, was thinking about trading it back but the multiplayer is incredible it seems. The MP graphics are great, it murders BF4. The hit detection is utterly spot on and the gameplay without assist is awesome. Also you still have a chance if someone draws first, I usually hate this in CoD and BF where the first shooter is likely the victor.

I'll keep this for the MP.
                        I bought this mainly for MP after loving past versions, but I have to say, this feels like a 3 steps backwards. Maybe I just need time to get used to it.

Coming off KZ3 this is so different. Probably due to the size of the maps and the lack of aim assist lol.

Comment

You aren't funnelled down corridors in this game. So many ways to approach a problem. Plays very differently from previous Killzone games and takes some getting used to but I like the direction they've taken.

Comment

I am getting a never ending swarm of enemies until I hack a terminal. Where the **** is the terminal!??!!!?

Comment

So far I'm not enjoying single player mode at all - Its looks amazing but the game plays and feels a lot worse than either Killzone 2 or 3

Comment

Working...
                              X