Super Mario 3D World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks mate

Dont read the next bit unless you have completed the main game or dont mind big-ish spoilers...

the game gets a lot harder when completed as you get a rocket ship that transports you to a new world in space. This is filled with lots more levels (some you have already been on but most new) that either have a strict time limit of 30/100 seconds and while some are not hard, some are really tough and will easy eat 10-20 lives as some are a bit of trial and error and some are just tough.

None are not fun though and its a great feeling beating one and finding the stars too.

So fare there are two extra worlds (a Mushroom and Flower worlds and but be about 20 extra full levels. I am on the last Flower level which is really tough as you have to do 5 Boss rounds and then a larger boss at the end which I can do but the time limit is a bit too short so I keep running out of time which is annoying.

After that though there seems to be a massive block that you can only unlock when you have all Stars/flags etc from all the other levels unlocked from the entire game.

So plenty to get stuck into before and after the normal game is completed.

Comment

The music in that level in world 2...

Puffprod Peaks.
      Last edited by PaTaito; 07-12-2013, 18:13.

Comment

So far I'm up to world 6-2 with around 155 lives and all green stars, golden flagpoles and stamps collected on my way.

It's starting to get a little challenging now but that's quite welcome as I managed 100% completion of the first two worlds without dying once. On every objective and technical level I think this is easily the best Mario game ever made but it just lacks that something special that made the first Galaxy game great.

Other thoughts are more Captain Toad levels would make for a decent DLC pack and it's a nice change up after Galaxy to be collecting 3 green stars in one run, rather than 1 gold star per run.

Comment

The Captain Toad levels are brilliant, nowhere near enough of them

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            The Captain Toad levels are brilliant, nowhere near enough of them
            I agree, the one on world six I think it was really got me thinking and using the camera well. As I think I mentioned before a mini-game just of Captain Toad levels would be a hit.

Comment

Done now with it, there are some absolutely brilliant levels in the game and it is a clear and solid step up from the 3DS entry. A great game in its own right that isn't up to the bar of the Galaxy's but teabags the NSMB games. The post-credits worlds, for me, are solid chunky extra content but not as good as the main game world's are and once or twice in the game the perspective can be awkward due to no 3D depth like the 3DS offers but they're the biggest niggles.

Comment

Pity they couldn't have had 3D support for this game.

Comment

Epic game. Perhaps not quite up there with the Galaxy games, but at times I'm not sure! 2 player seems to be the sweet spot for me as with 4 people it's totally bonkers!

//off topic

This seems to be the way Nintendo are going with flagship Mario games - tiny bite-sized levels that play like a 3D/2D hybrid. It's hard to criticise when they're as fun and polished as this, and I have loved Galaxy 1 & 2 and now 3D World, but I think we're ready for an megaton scale Mario 64 sequel!

Comment

Are people getting all the stars, stamps and flagpoles?

Comment

I love the game world, music, ideas, etc...but i have to say onto world six and, other than a couple of instances, its so very easy...

Still enjoying it, but the challenge doesn't seem to be there for me.

Thats literally the only negative mind, just feels like i'm flying through the game...even though i've got every single star and stamp so far. My favorite marios(M3,SMW, 64, YI) all seemed to provide a good >daunting level of challenge.

Maybe i just dont want it to end.
                      Last edited by PaTaito; 20-12-2013, 01:10.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                        I think we're ready for an megaton scale Mario 64 sequel!
                        Man, i'd cry tears of joy if they did a proper sequel with the castle hub back.

Comment

I got all 380 Green Stars and 100% Golden Flagpoles (with Mario) I did collect stamps too but as it turns out you have to complete EVERY level with a character to get an according character stamp I'm going to leave those.

I'll probably speedrun each level with Toad after I complete Pikmin 3 DLC and NES Remix then I'll round out with Luigi next Christmas, Peach the next and (hopefully) Rosalina as a warm up if they announce a HD port of, or sequel to, Super Mario Galaxy.
                          Last edited by Pikate; 20-12-2013, 01:16.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                            I love the game world, music, ideas, etc...but i have to say onto world six and, other than a couple of instances, its so very easy...

Still enjoying it, but the challenge doesn't seem to be there for me.

Thats literally the only negative mind, just feels like i'm flying through the game...even though i've got every single star and stamp so far. My favorite marios(M3,SMW, 64, YI) all seemed to provide a good >daunting level of challenge.

Maybe i just dont want it to end.
                            You'll be eating your words shortly, hence my question regarding people being properly "done with this".

Comment

Still loving this - been playing it mostly in 2 player, but with bits of 3/4 player too. It's been brilliant fun throughout and it's starting to get pleasantly challenging now (up to about 250 stars).

Probably my game of the year - haven't started Link Between Worlds yet, though, and I'm expecting that to be equally stellar.

I bloody love you, Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                You'll be eating your words shortly, hence my question regarding people being properly "done with this".
                                Thats very good news

Here's hoping there are at least 12 worlds then, also I WANT MORE GHOST HOUSES!!!

Also the white tanooki suite is despicable lol.
                                Last edited by PaTaito; 20-12-2013, 14:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X