Super Mario 3D World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario 3D World

Up to World 1-5 and already this is turning out to be something special. Visually it's not a wow game but it's very sharp, clean and chunky looking. The orchestrated soundtrack works brilliantly also.

Control is good but the characters seem to control on an 8 directional method rather than full analogue which is fine but one one or two occassions a niggle when trying to fine aim onto enemies. Already I've used multiple power ups (including Cat Mario!) and have all sorts of obstacles. On first impressions it feels better than 3D Land.

Lovely stuff
    1 - Welcome to ChocoIslan... wait... this isn't Chocolate! Waa!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    5 - Welcome to Vanillaland
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - This isn't a Land! Welcome to an Epic 3D World!
    0%

3 worlds in and I am in love, seen some magical stages, the score is tremendous and it looks lush.

At one point I was a raccoon luigi driving about in an ice skate, I was literally beaming.

Comment

think its fate my Wii u not selling gonna have to get this if its half as good as mario 64 ill be happy

Comment

I guarantee this is better than anything currently on Xbone or PS4. Solidifies the Wiiu as the best Next Gen choice this xmas.

I am impressed with the sheer variety of the game. I am also shocked as to how much the cat suit brings to the gameplay. Nintendo really do have a quality game on its hands. I feel as i can talk about this title in the same breath as Mario Galaxy 2 and that is something i never thought i would be able to say about a Mario game ever. First time i have run my Wiiu gamepad down from a full charge playing a single wiiu game without a break
        Last edited by The Mole; 29-11-2013, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
          I guarantee this is better than anything currently on Xbone or PS4. Solidifies the Wiiu as the best Next Gen choice this xmas.

I am impressed with the sheer variety of the game. I am also shocked as to how much the cat suit brings to the gameplay. Nintendo really do have a quality game on its hands. I feel as i can talk about this title in the same breath as Mario Galaxy 2 and that is something i never thought i would be able to say about a Mario game ever. First time i have run my Wiiu gamepad down from a full charge playing a single wiiu game without a break
          It's from EAD team. Should of never have been doubted it was going to turn out anything but amazingly brilliant.

Comment

Try blowing the gamepad.

Comment

What an amazing game to look at and play, only an hour in so far, keep forgetting to watch the clock on all levels due to my explorations, improves on the 3DS Mario Land game in every way, even the "Cube" levels, a real console seller if GAME and the like have this running on their demo machines.

Rubber stamp touch is nice (can you view that page at any time somehow or just after you've collected one?), and took me ages to find the last star on the very first level but I didn't mint replaying that level four or five times in the slightest.

Do later levels in the game require you to have a number of stars to open them up like the 3DS version? In two minds whether to play through the game (and re-visit levels) or totally complete each stage before moving on the next.

Is amazing that after ten minutes play it feels weird not to be wearing the cat suit at times. Really didn't expect to be saying that.

Comment

What a wonderful game!! I haven't enjoyed a Mario game as much as this one in a long time

Comment

Wow, this is really special. Up there with the best Mario games. I just want to keep playing and playing.

Comment

I rushed through this and completed it last night, I ran the game pad flat a few times along the way. There's still more to do though, I haven't got all the stars etc yet plus I unlocked some more stuff to do.

Must be a shoo in for game of the year, not even a contest, and a lot better than anything on the new consoles.

Comment

Collected all the stars and stamps and got gold flag poles on all the levels in World one. Great fun and variety in the levels.

You can view the map with the "-" button when on the world map, this brings up options to view the stamps page and a progress by level page.

Really need to sleep but World two is calling... feel I need to pace myself at a world a day or game completion will be over too quickly.

Comment

I just realised you can blow away the little whoompa's, and even blow them off the edge of platform to their doom, well funny!

Comment

This is an absolutely sublime game. Only done the first world and going to leave it there like someone mentioned only 1 world at a time don't want to rush this!

That level with plessy? Thanks Nintendo, need a longer one though!

Comment

You can also break the pink boxes by tapping on them on the gamepad screen.

The
                            level near the start of world two is pure Nintendo class. Simple but oh so effective.
                            Last edited by VR46; 29-11-2013, 23:39.

Comment

There's an awesome homage level later on with brilliant music as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X