Knack review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knack review

I'm still very early on, first impressions being that it's mostly as the reviews have it. Whilst clean and sharp it's a very undemanding game visually. Knack himself is the most complex object on show and even then his parts have pretty much no bearing on the gameplay.

Controls are effectively simple too. X jumps and Square punches, you can use Circle to trigger special powers when charged but they all seem to mostly do the same thing which is invincibility. It's very straight forward so could get very old but it's inoffensive so far.

And yup, I found the chosen poll items
    1 - Kick in the Knackers
    0%
    2 - Knack. The n is silent
    0%
    3 - Knackered
    0%
    4 - Knacked Up
    0%
    5 - This is Knack the Jedi You're Looking For
    0%
    6 - Knack bad. At least it's 1080p
    0%
    7 - Knackerbocker Glory
    0%
    8 - Knacking on heavens door
    0%
    9 - Pleasures my Knackers
    0%
    10 - Knack-a-mura
    0%

its an extremely average game at best..........i'll play it to completion most likely.

Comment

The Sun gave it 3 out of 5.

Comment

Sounds like a 4/10 game at best from the reviews I've seen. Just looks dull and average all round if I'm honest. Could be the first PS4 game to hit the bargain bin.
        Excellent poll wording CTN.

Comment

I want it but it screams of being the first retail PS4 title to go Plus, probably on Japanese launch month would be my guess (Feb, Mar 2014)

Comment

Unfortunate.

Was looking forward to something different.

Hoping the reviews were wrong.

Probably better titles coming on PSN to fill this niche.

Comment

I bought it today well I like it. Its nothing new it plays like the bastard child of Jak and Daxter with some Sly and God if war chucked in. Very linear and quite tricky it reminds me of a Ultra high res version of a PS2 game. Still like it enough though, its worth a punt (just about) Will I still have it in a month probably not, will I regret getting it, probably not. A solid 6-7 but no better

Comment

Playing it more and I like it more. Still what you would expect but its solid enough and I like the character he's a wise cracking bad ass funny when he is in his tiniest state

It has potential. Knack 2 if it happens should be an amazing game its not quite all here yet
                Last edited by ETC; 30-11-2013, 19:21.

Comment

It's better as Knack gets larger as you get more health.

When Knack is little the combat can be punishingly brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    It's better as Knack gets larger as you get more health.

When Knack is little the combat can be punishingly brutal.
                    True. Apparently its at its best played in online co-op. Its better for getting extra parts
                    Last edited by ETC; 30-11-2013, 19:35.

Comment

Nobody voting this a ten??

Comment

I'm upto Chapter 5-3 atm. It's an awkward pitch. I can agree with all the review criticisms but nevertheless I am enjoying it. It's simple and solid enough fun. Certainly not worth ?50+ of anyones money but also not the most hideous game released this year either

Comment

i'm up to i think 6-1, pretty long game so far , i've defo played worse .
                          again its average at best but i'm really having fun with it.

Comment

7 is average now?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              7 is average now?
                              Must be looking at what a 10 is
                              Kidding
                              Nah its a solid 7 its very PS1/2 in feel, frustrating little bast it is too but I want vampire knack, also has a nice little complimentary IOS game called knacks quest that help get rarer upgrades and its not too bad (it's basically bejewelled)

Comment

Working...
                              X