No announcement yet.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've finished all of the AC games except the first one which was way too repetitive. AC2 is by far the best in the series but Brotherhood comes in close with it's more expansive map and being able to ride horses etc...

Black Flag comes in second above Brotherhood for me but it's a different experience. I also didn't mind Revelations but then I loved Ezio as a character and enjoyed his closing story even if the gameplay wasn't that stellar.

Unity looks interesting with its co-op. Obviously that's going to change things greatly but I hope they still make it a decent solo experience as it may lose something otherwise. I really just want more head scratching puzzles to come back. The rewards in solving them out-weighed most other parts of AC so far. As it's Paris I guess we could be seeing some landmarks in there...

Comment

finished the story last night and can only attest it was rubbish from start to end, consisting of 50% tail and eavesdrop missions which took me countless tries due to poor design and stealth mechanics. honestly i don't think AC 1 beats it when it comes to repetition.

but now that the main quest is out of the way i can focus on the fun stuff and try fully upgrade my ship. anyone has some tips to defeat a lengendary ship? i have only one point left for the hull and broadside cannons but still don't stand a chance against them. is there a special tactic i need to apply? apparently hit and run doesn't work as the mission will be reset if i flee the scene.

Comment

There are hidden elite upgrades for all of the things on the ship too, so it's probably worth going and finding those before you take them on.

I don't think you can easily beat them without being fully upgraded.

Comment

i guessed so already. surely they needed something to motivate gamers to fully upgrade their ships.

did you take on a legendary ship and can recommend a tactic? they are way too fast for such a big ship and always try to ram me.

Comment

The ships are all quite different, I think one of them was 2 ships that fight in tandem.
            The strategy are probably all quite different, but ultimately you need to be able to take a beating and deal as much damage as possible

Comment

I picked this up for a second time for a cheapy ?12 having hated it first time....

this is time I love it think it's bloody excellent so far only 16% through but have been playing it all day

Comment

Completed this last month and loved every min. Pirates are soooooooo much more fun than assasins

Comment

Another fantastic here. Found the previous games to be a bit meh, but loving this. Only at about 20% completion but that's more down to me fannying about plundering other ships.

Definitely a solid 8/10 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    Another fantastic here. Found the previous games to be a bit meh, but loving this. Only at about 20% completion but that's more down to me fannying about plundering other ships.

Definitely a solid 8/10 for me.
                    When I took my first man o war i litterally didn't stop grinning.

The sailing is just so much fun. It's the first game I've played that's big and detailed enough to make me feel I'm actually adventuring somewhere in little world that seems to go on just fine without my involvement. Obviously I couldn't let them do that, ships to be plundered, riches to be made.

Loved it when your sailing along and suddenly a humpback jumps next to the ship, pretty magical.

Comment

Working...
                    X