No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't understand why they altered the music in this. It's neither better or worse, just different- change for changes sake.

They could have at least redone some of the voice acting to make it more bearable. Tidus and Yuna still make me cringe.

Comment

I've never been able to get my head around the button swapping over here. Vita games never override like PS3 does for some reason.
      Persona 4 was the same, and was the reason why I gave up on it. The Asian version is just the US one repackaged, so still uses X as confirm. FFX is probably my favourite RPG ever, so I'll be all set once the Asian one arrives, plus I know that one works on Vita TV too.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The Vita version has audio issues. Sometimes a scene will play out and a line of dialogue will be skipped with just the subtitle being shown. Seems to be completely random and I've not come across it on the PS3. Nothing game breaking but a little annoying.

Comment

If its only Tidus or Yuna's lines, then maybe it's intentional.

Hope fully you won't get any sound in the "HAhAHAHAHAHA" scene

Comment

Just picked it up today, am looking to playing it again enjoyed it the first time and now you can buy on the vita it was a must buy plus I've a long plane trip in a few day so hope to play it for abit on the lane trips

Comment

I haven't played very much of this, but the package overall seems really nice - highly polished.

It really is amazing to see these games properly formatted in 1080p or whatever on my PC display. The UI looks super sharp, although my favourite opening (X-2) it seems as if they never made a HD version of that as it is noticeably up-scaled.

Eternal Calm comes with the package too, previously available as a bonus DVD with Unlimited Saga. Doesn't have the DVD that came with the PAL Final Fantasy X's content on it I think but I'm not so sure.

Last Mission was previously an NTSC-J exclusive too. I'm not really sure what it is though, seems kind of strange.

Visually it is as if the game were running in an emulator, but up-scaled and the character models look great. Playing up to the first save point of X-2 made me feel 14 again. So amazing to see what they've done.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                If its only Tidus or Yuna's lines, then maybe it's intentional.

Hope fully you won't get any sound in the "HAhAHAHAHAHA" scene
                I personally don't think the laughing scenes as bad as it's made out to be. They're just being stupid, they are kids after all. The Japanese laughing scene on the other hand...

There's just some weirdness with the voice acting , like they didn't read the premise of the scene and just read the words at times. Especially James Arnold Taylor... Also it's as if lines are sped up sometimes to fit in with the lips.

We need a HD remaster of XII. That has some fantastic voice acting not to mention being my favourite FF.

Comment

FFXII, take my money.

It is baffling the touched the music but not the rubbish voices.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    It is baffling the touched the music but not the rubbish voices.
                    I assume, then, that the UK version of this doesn't let you use Japanese voices? They might not be much better, but when it's not English I can tune them out easier.

Also, ditto on XII. I have it sat here and have considered starting it up again, but I'm thinking of instead picking up X and waiting to see if they announce an HD version.

Comment

I have the patched International XII so will play that this year.

Comment

You mean the Undub releases that were so popular a few years back?

Comment

The what?

Comment

A group swapped the Japanese vocals into American versions of many RPGs on PS2 and released them.

Comment

I meant Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System with the English translation patch.

Comment

X on Vita is badass. I put over 400 hours into the PS2 version. This will likely last me for the rest of the year. I'll need to start again once the Asian version arrives, but I'm not overly fussed.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X